1. The Color Printing Forum Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post presses, equipment, or parts they either want or have for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Laser Printer that can handle 240 gsm paper stock?

Discussion in 'Color Laser Printers & Copiers for sale' started by owen_oliva17, Nov 2, 2009.

1. owen_oliva17

owen_oliva17 New Member

Hi! I am looking for an A4 size printer that can handle a 240 gsm paper stock. Thanks!

2. busyprinting

busyprinting New Member

I'm actually also looking for an answer to this, hope the others could reply as well..
    unfortunately, I only know of the Canon imagepress C1, or C1+ which could print up to 256 gsm card stocks..it's really pricey though! Our other Canon iRC and CLC can only handle less than 220 gsm paper stocks..

3. qechenk

qechenk New Member

hello guys, i'm qechenk from indonesia
    just want to share something maybe can help your problem...
    i just bought Fuji Xerox DC2100 and i used it to print my portofolio using enova recycled paper 250gsm, and having no problem with that...
    i dont know what will happened if i used it regularly, the technician just say "maybe you have to change the fuser faster than a normal condition"

how bout it ?

4. busyprinting

busyprinting New Member

Hello qechenk,
    yes, from time to time, we can print some papers which are thicker than the recommended or rated paper gsm. But I think doing this often will damage the fixing rollers. I have noticed this on our iRC2550.

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

How much 250 gsm stock are you going to print?

Our docucolor 242 is rated for "up to 110 lb. cover/300 gsm" but it slows down quite a bit on heavy2 or coated2 -- not sure how the speed compares to a C1 or C1+ as I believe those also slow down on the heavier stocks (is this correct?) but it's something to consider especially if you'll also be printing on lighter weight stock to take advantage of the speed advantage of the docucolor there. On a budget, a used doc 240 or 250 could fit the bill.