L640 damper settings

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by ColinG, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ColinG

ColinG Member

Hi. We have recently got a second Komori L640 and there is an extra adjusting screw on the metering roller that isn't on our other press. This adjuster is just above the adjuster for the metering roller/pan roller setting and is only on the operators side of the press. I've tried altering it but it doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone explain what it's for? Thanks

2. Lignum

Lignum Member

That is the adjustment setting for the skew. What is essentially does is move the position of the pan roller in relation to the metering roller to increase more stripe to the center of the metering roller. That will in theory drive water out of the center of the metering roller giving a more uniform water lay. The farther you take the adjustment the harder the metering roller will be in contact with the pan roller in the middle. It is a two edged sword though, I wouldn't take it no farther than half way, there should be a number graph, if it is still there. Any farther and too much stress will be on the metering roller drive motor, on the bearings and the roller itself. When I use the skew, I only take the metering roller 2 clicks under flood, any more and it defeats the purpose. It has some advantages, say when you are printing reflex, or some 072 derived ink. Always check the metering roller stripe to the chrome too, as that will change as well.

3. ColinG

ColinG Member

Thanks for the helpful information.