L628 Feeder trouble

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by bosworth, Aug 23, 2014.

1. bosworth

bosworth New Member

Our press is about ten year old . we are having problems with the lifting suckers missing sheets if there is a slight downward curl on the board. we run on anyting from 200 um to 600 um board. also we run continuous changeover and the sheet seems to drop on on side after it has come off the change over bars. anyone else out there had these problems or can offer any advice much appreciated.

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

well , let's try :)
    On each feeder sucker , you have a small piston that will go up& down with the advance of the sheet forward.

If the gap in the piton due to ware is such that will let it loose vacume , you will get what you get now.
    It's not a big job - may take 2 hours to sort , bit you need to know HOW to close the pistons back - so i would reccomend you call someone who knows how , or it can take some time.
    You need to change the inner parts in the piston mechanisem to get over it - You should order the parts in advance.
    An other option is to change the complete set , but that for a high price...so i would pass :-[)

One other posibillity is that you have air being lost from a pipe in the system or your vacume pumo needs sorted out...

If you need any more help - you may contact me by mail / phone
    Good luck

3. bosworth

bosworth New Member

Hi Meny
    are you talking about all the suckers here or just the lifting suckers on the rear of the sheet . Could you get a problem if the vane in the feeder head itself is worn. Is there any specific bar/psi that the lifting suckers need to work at to obtain maximum suction i realise this can be regulated by the individual valve on the feeder head but if we are not getting max vacum in the first place could this cause the problem. PS thanks for your reply

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Hi
    As i wrote befor , you may be loosing vacume along the pipe work.
    At the head you should have 6-7 bar
    You shpuld check the lifting suckers for lost air - if you can move the pistons widlly inside their housing - it is no good.
    Yopu should also check the air devider in the head (on the side of the head under a lid with 3-4 screws - it must be clean and not full of dust.
    You can call me (local call) if you want and we can talk it over
    Meny

5. bosworth

bosworth New Member

Once again thanks for your advice will check out the pointers you have given