KORD 64 needs a bit of help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by jeffjs1, Oct 27, 2015.

1. jeffjs1

jeffjs1 Member

My 1972 KORD 64 had a jam up last week, and now the timing of the sheet transfer from the swing-grippers to the imp cyl is advanced, the swing grippers put the sheet over the top of the imp grippers. Anyone know how to adjust the cam that opens the impression cylinder grippers? I have disassembled the impression cylinder gear/cam set, and replaced the swing gripper timing cam, and it does the same thing. There was no damage to any of the gears, shear pins or bolt that connect the impression cylinder gear/cam assembly, so I think the problem lies with the imp cam follower or swing grippers themselvses.

2. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Dear,please check impression cylinder pad height & swing pad height.

3. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

Try putting a sheet (or part of one) in the impression cylinder manually, and see whether or not it transfers from the impression cylinder to the delivery grippers. This will help tell you better understand if your problem is from the swing arm itself, or the timing of your impression cylinder.

Another thing that might help is if your swing arm is taking the sheet from the head stops correctly, it's probably still in time and might also point to the impression cylinder being the problem.

4. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Dear,please check swing arm position is OK ,have you KORD Zero guage & 0.80 distance gauge for check swing arm position? Before adjust imp cylinder cam check basic settings of swing arm.Impression cylinder gripper opening cam is located in operator's side and fixing bolts(19 mm hexogen) in imp cylinder bush (o.s).alibryan says correct.do it first & confirm problem in imp cylinder or swing arm.