Kord 64 inching problem

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Paolo, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Paolo

Paolo Member

hey guys

Hope someone could help me with this.

Kord 64 inching problem. pulling up the tippen inching lever the motor would spin like normal for a very few seconds like 4 seconds then it would loose power, then it wont inch for few times. My operator told me that when that happens he would press and move the perspex guard and damper roller switch for a lot times then inching would be ok again, but only for a few seconds. Everything repeats again and so on. My trusted on call electrician wont be available for weeks. I know a few home electrical stuff but on three phase motor, contactors and relays im always willing to learn. And my kord is connected to 15hp converter for long time.

I already tried adjusting the perspex guard switch and damper roller switch but cant seem to fix it. The main motor newly rewind.

Im sending picture of electrical system
    And the kord 64 electrical diagram. It also might help others

Attached Files:

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Sir:
    Good day hope you are well.
    If i can understand, You have NOT installation for 3 phases in your Print Shop?
    By that reason You have a converter right ??
    If that premise is truth: 1) I strong recommend you that you Test the Converter first, this case if very Normal, that
    the converter can be the trouble, look for some wire looses, and Measure with DMM, if the 3 phases is Coming ok in the converter
    if you are using 380Vac, or 220Vac, or whatever other voltages supply, the 3 phases must be equal.
    2) If everything is O.k see the limit switch b6 in your schematic, has 3 contacts 2 N.C +1N.O you must adjust according to the schematic diagrams, follow the number like 15-18 must be closed all the time N.C. Before to adjust i VERY STRONG recommend you
    that take out the Limit switch, and see Carefully the 3 contacts, and see if contacts there are worn or break, in that case you must replace, since they have very hard work
    3) In similar way do the same with perspex guard and damper roller limit switch,can be break or worn, replace or repair.
    In any case tight very well, the WIRES............and clean from Oil, and dusty , etc.
    4) Of course if everything is right the Time Relais D3 see the schematic diagram see inside as many mechanical parts like gears, and microswithc, see if there are broken, or m.swithc faulty, repair or replace, try to adjust the screw adjustment in front in clockwise or counterclockwise and see how is responding, or replace the Time relais according to his common sense, since the Coil of Time Relais, can be REHEATING, NONE instrument can detect if the winding is overheating, the only solution is replace it.
    5) Finally if everything is o.k See for the Main Motor, measure the Voltage at the terminal of main motor, when you are inching the machine, and see if the voltage is there. Look for the Pulley of the main motor, if are opening good, most of the time, they are tending to stick, by LACK of LUBE, maybe you must take out and clean it and LUBE.
    Let me know, any question or doubt.

3. Paolo

Paolo Member

Gud day sir

Thanks for the advices. I forgot to mention, that this problem has been goin on for months or maybe a year, operator has kept it in the dark to us, hope it hasnt affect ed alot of electrical connections.
    Heres how things sum up
    The converter rated at 15hp, has R S T on label did a multimeter test on them
    R and S = 1.0 continuity
    R and T =1.0
    S and T = 1.0

On b6 i check on the distribution block lead the 6 leads and check continuity switch the forward backward
    10 and 7 normally open and follows the switch open and close
    8 and 9 normally close and follows the switch close open
    18 and 15 normally close and follows the switch close open

You mention bout 18 and 15 being close all the time. It follows the position of the switch same as 8 and 9. I think this maybe 1 of the causes. So I did a video on it will post it.

On time relay d3 i adjusted clockwise and counterclockwise it works but i notice at some point it would get stuck for a few moments. I also did video on it. I also notice small burnt on the transparent cover.

And lastly on the motor pulley, i forgot to test the main motor cause it was newly rewind. But the motor pulley was a hell of a problem, my operator is a bit old and doesnt really adjust speed of the motor or even lube it EVER. This has cause problems, the pulley also stuck. Will send picture too

Could you advice more on these circumstances

Many Thanks

4. Paolo

Paolo Member

5. Paolo

Paolo Member

Could send video for d3 but it would normally spin clockwise and counterclockwise but it get stuck at any point for a few seconds on both ways.

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Good Sir:
    Hope you are well
    1) I can understand that you Not understand, what did I mean when i indicate to Measure the Voltages phases coming out from his Invertes: if You have for example 220VCA, coming from the Street, from the Electrical Company, you must Measure in the 3 phases R-S-T=22OVac or is 380 or whatever,is there? are Equal? If the tolerance is out of 10% you must Measure Before of his converter for to see if the problem is from Electrical Company, if this Voltages is O.k, so the problem is the Converter. Some of them use some Motor-Generator for to generate the Phase. Test it. and Repair or Replace. Very Important.
    No Indicative is continuity between R-S-T o.k?

2) B6 is Vital please see attachement schematic with Red Circle, you must see if there o.k according to the schematic and Replace the complete Limit Switch since there a Heavy duty activity, NOT repair. is coming from factory Klockner Moeller.

3)D6 the Small Burn in transparent Cover , is indicative the Time Relais, is NOT going well, is other words is Defective, for the same activity it has, in
    backward and forward Inching operativity. Replace it.

4) Test the motor as I indicate measure the Test Voltage at terminal, when Inching Backward or Forward, and see if there are
    Voltages 220Vac, or 380Vac or other supplies sources.
    Of course you must sure if your converter is o.k or the Street Voltages coming
    from electric company is o.k as Indicated in my section # 1.Other thing is ANY electrical motor, from any side of the world, must be
    LUBE every 6 months, if you read the Operation Manual from Heidelberg or Any machine in section LUBE or maintenance you must read, this Practice, to due the Enough activity from Main Motor. Maybe the Ball Bearing is defective, or Winding is Reheating. and NONE electrical instruments is available for to detect this Special Phenomenon inside of Motor. Only Repair or Replace.

5) The Pulley I saw is Defective, Will be a good Idea, to send the Shop Repair for to fix it, and Replace the Spring, this with the time, loose the Resilence of the Spring. and NOT permit to work good to the Pulley, maximun if this has NOT been LUBE for the operator , it Accumulated Dust, or Powder

Attached Files:

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    I forgot to tell your that
    Another contactor that you must test is CYstart and CDelta, this contactor the contacts must be faulty, to due the Heavy duty
    work, clean it or replaces Bad contactor, since they Start and Run the main motor, always, and inching.

8. Paolo

Paolo Member

Sir chock
    Will definitely do all those, tom the main motor shall be sent to the machine shop. Is there a way to acquired authentic heidelberg pulley? I dont recall having a authorized heidelberg shop in our country.
    Will find replacement for Time relay and limit switch. Will also check on CY and CDelta if it also needs replacement.
    Will get back to you in a couple of days
    Thanks

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Good day, Great idea that you take this Motor to the machine shop.
    Normal machine shop, can do this job,easy.for main motor.
    2) Yes there are way to acquire the authentic heidelberg pulley. If you give me the
    number, model s/n , and i can quotate the Original Pulley. Let me know.
    The same with the Time Relay D6 and limit swtichs. and CY , Cdelta.
    Let me know, when you are ready.

10. Rani

Rani Member

Why bother use a pulley? Use vfd and from they're you can tailor it to jog, run, fast and slow using the original control switch or handle. It's all in the vfd parameters.