Konika Minolta Bizhub c6500 - PMS color with pure not rich black/gray?

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by newbie12, Jun 30, 2011.

1. newbie12

newbie12 New Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to print a brochure using 2 colors (PMS and black) to print the black/grayscale in true black or grayscale? The grayscale parts of the project prints with a slight tint of magenta.. sometimes it prints with a yellow tint and sometimes, blue.... any ideas on how I can get rid of the tints and still print the PMS color as how it's suppose to look? Thank you in advance!

2. plotter

plotter Senior Member

no,
    i think its either black ink only, or if your printing in colour the black is made up from cmyk.. you can set the halftone to a black tint though instead of greyscale it may help, ill have a play tomorow and see.

3. newbie12

newbie12 New Member

Hi plotter :)

Thank you for your response... will look forward to your post tomorrow... have a wonderful rest of the day! :)

4. vashhunter

vashhunter New Member

hi!
    any help would be appreciated. we already installed the software for external IC 303. now how to "Profile" the 6500 machine using EFI Command Workstation 5...... any device required?

5. eprint

eprint New Member

Do you have a Fiery RIP? If so under colorwise you should see two options: next to cmyk, there is an option to "Print gray using black only (CMYK): text/graphics/images, text/graphics, or off." And under Black "Black Text/Graphics: Pure Black On, Rich Black On, or Normal."

Let me know if this helps.

6. plotter

plotter Senior Member

sorry i havent been back been playing and i havent cracked it yet either.
    i will though

7. billy

billy Member

You need a spectrophotometer and a profiling software to write ICC profiles.
    6500? is that a KM?