Konica Minolta C6500 service costs

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by Print7000, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Print7000

Print7000 Member

Hello everyone, I'm try to get an Idea of what the going rates for a service contract on a KM C6500. Do they usually include toner or no? Could an independent do as good a job as the OEM Dealer? Thanks for your help.

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Unless you print very light coverage (text only for example) where it could be a cost savings, I'd go for an all consumable (toner) durable (drums) and parts service and supplies click contract. I figure they can negotiate a better rate than I can (and if it's OEM, obviously offer a better inclusive deal than retail to get you as a customer) The drawback is that it can create an adversarial relationship in a bad situation since it's not quite as straight forward as paying for x boxes and getting x boxes, but you also save the effort of having to price shop, can have a better handle on costs as retail prices fluctuate if you negotiate a constant click rate, etc.

3. Print7000

Print7000 Member

Bizhub C6500 click charges

I would definatly go for all consumables in. What I'd like to know is what other users are paying per click for each colour and each BW. Anyone?

4. Badger555

Badger555 New Member

Konica 6500

I believe I received a quote for about $.07 color and $.02 for black and white.

5. Print7000

Print7000 Member

2 clicks for 11x17 and 12x18?

6. flyerZ

flyerZ New Member

1 click for any size including 11x17 and 12x18 + for full bleeds. That's better pricing than I was quoted but close.

7. DigitalColorGraphics

DigitalColorGraphics Member

NAQP negociated a price that that is unbeatable and even non members are known to get...... .045 for color (12x18 ONE click) and just under .01 for B&W....that covers ALL service, parts and labor.....AND if you push you can get the prices frozen for 3 years! Anyone shopping copiers should do themselves a HUGE favor and subscribe to the Larry Hunt Copier newsletter.......

8. sdicaprio

sdicaprio Member

The click rate is based on volume.
    If you go direct to the manufacturer, there are some benefits...
    They dealer is given the choice to send their techs for the multiple stages of training. This costs them money and in most cases, they opt out. They are not able to contact the Tech Division at Corp HQ for support if they run into unless the Dealer subscribed to the service.
    KM direct - there are 14 levels of training. All the techs are certified to work on the machines they service. They only get trained on KM equipment.
    Perfect example are the Ikon CPP's. They re-label the KM equipment (C500, C6500, C5500, C5501, C6501), send a technician out to fix (who are also trained on Canon and Ricoh, among a few), the tech can't fix the issue and results in multiple service calls per week on Production Equipment (not good) it puts a black mark on the machine. Most of the issues I see on the CPP's are technicians not knowing how to fix them.

That's my two cents.

9. DigitalColorGraphics

DigitalColorGraphics Member

Negative, when buying a KM C6500 the click rate is NOT based on volume...see my post above. We love ours.

10. sdicaprio

sdicaprio Member

what volume did you commit to?

11. indolering

indolering Member

We recently got ours at $.05 color, $.015 B+W single click 11x17... There was some discussion of .04 color and .01 B+W, I don't know what happened to that, however.

12. RKirkley

RKirkley New Member

Much of your decision has to be based on 1)how you are using the machine (print shop production environment, just for proofing, or what . . .), 2)the volume you are running adn 3)do you feel lucky?

Mine are used in a production print shop environment and I've got to tell you I would never have anything but a all-inclusive service agreement at a reasonable click rate and no double-click charges for 11 x 17.

13. QuickColor

QuickColor New Member

We run at .05 for color and .015 for BW. I also would recommend a full service plan included in any deal you get. It will pay off in the long run.