Konica Minolta Bizhub c550 versus Toshiba 4520c

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by dholzman, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dholzman

dholzman New Member

I would appreciate the assistance of the experienced printers on this forum. I am not too knowledgeable about mfp and would appreciate any and all input. The above mentioned printers are those that we are currently looking at (or similar ones). We currently have a toshiba 351c. Here is what we print to help you determine what might be best suited for us:

Average monthly print: 3K-7K (on rare occasions we may go higher)
    Color and Black/White
    High quality color is very important
    Full-bleed is important
    High speed on both color and black and white is important (minimum 35ppm but would prefer higher)
    Network ready/capable
    Scan/copy/etc.

Please let me know which of the above printers would be better for us, or if you have another suggestions we would certainly like to hear it. We are planning on buying used and would also like to know what an acceptable meter reading would be for these printers if we were to buy used.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

David

2. nemprint.dk

nemprint.dk Member

I have a C650, which ia the same machine as C550.
    i make 60.000 print on in a month. It works perfect. I replace IU units, fuser, transfer belt and the few other user replaceble parts myself. I have no service deal.

It works perfect. unless the Toshiba is VERY cheap or very reliable, i would go for the C550.

3. dholzman

dholzman New Member

Thanks for the response. I truly appreciate it. Sounds like the c550 is a good quality machine. Does it have full-bleed (print with no white border)?

Does anyone have experience with the toshiba that they could provide for comparison purposes?

4. nemprint.dk

nemprint.dk Member

No it can not print to border, I dont think any machines can do that. You need to print on oversize, which the C650 canĀ“t (At least not SRA3, is can take a bit bigger than A3) - and cut it.
    The registration is not great by the way.. +- 2 mm