Konica Minolta bizhub C308 deletes browser Edge prints

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by Robert van Leeuwen, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Robert van Leeuwen

Robert van Leeuwen New Member

My Konica Minolta bizhub C308 deletes all received prints jobs that comes from browser Edge. All my other printers (Canon etc.) can print these same printjobs. What's wrong with the Konica Minolta bizhub C308? The driver has been replaced, but no results. It seems a Konica Minolta problem (and not a Microsoft problem). Does every Konica Minolta bizhub user has this problem?

2. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

It does somewhat sound like a driver issue, you may have replaced the old driver, but perhaps you're missing another altogether (IE: you have an APPE Driver, but you're missing Postscript or PCL). Do you have a controller on the Bizhub?

Also, it could be that edge is presenting the print file in a format that the printer doesn't like. Do you get a successful print from a different web browser?

3. Robert van Leeuwen

Thanks for your reply. The current Konica C308 PCL driver is the recent 11.2.0.0. Alle the print jobs of datatype XPS2GDI do not end on paper, but are being destroyed by the Konica "Deleted Due To Error". The Konica only likes RAW print jobs. So we have learned not to use applications like Windows 10 Edge or Windows 10 Paint when we want to print to the Konica C308. All our other printers (about 20 non-Konica's b/w or color) have no problems with those Windows 10 Edge and Paint prints. Ps. Internet Explorer can print a website to the Konica C308.

4. Robert van Leeuwen

I just found a solution on https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/Windows10Printing (step 2 of The Solution). On the Print Server, you’ll need to make the following change to all the print queues: Go to Print Management, right click the print queue, Properties tab, Sharing tab, make sure “Render print jobs on client computers” checkbox is enabled as shown in the screenshot below. This option is enabled by default.

Is this a real solution or a workaround?

I'm going to test this on desktop and remote desktop. There is hope for now :). Happy days are here again.

5. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

Do you have PaperCut installed on the devices?