Kompac Multilith 1250lw

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Marco Cobucci, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Marco Cobucci

Marco Cobucci Member

Hi from brazil

Sorry but I do not write well in English.

I have a multilith 1250lw whith 4 oscilator and 2 form roller and a kompac II whith Kolormate (not the original) my kompac is manufactured in brazil.

When i print 4 color jobs whith no solid the final is Ok

But when i have a solid the image print like this:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/Marco_cobucci/Figura2.jpg
    Figura2.jpg

If i have a text and a solid after. The text repet inside the solid.
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/Marco_cobucci/Kompc1.jpg
    Kompc1.jpg

After the print job when i stop the machine and see my form roller thath`s ok with a fine ink film. But the kompac form have a lot of ink see above:
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/Marco_cobucci/Kompacroller.jpg
    Kompacroller.jpg

So i think my trouble is the kompac form and metering rollers are not the original.

The price of original is very expensive.
    form Us$ 343,00 / 481,00 metering
    form Us$ 70,00 / 130,00 metering (manufactured here)

But if i have certained thats my trouble i buy the original roller. So wath i DO?

thank and sorry about my english.

marco cobucci from brasil.

2. 5150pressman

5150pressman Senior Member

The problem you have with this one
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/Marco_cobucci/Kompc1.jpg

is its ghosting caused by running a heavy solid and small rollers on the press. Also the multi only have 2 ink form rollers. If there are 4 form rollers the problem wouldn't show up most of the time.
    If you can try running the type behind/after the solid. This gives the rollers time to ink up and smooth out after it touches the type.

3. Marco Cobucci

Marco Cobucci Member

Tank you!

4. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Also some of the older design Kompacs have that problem shown in the solid image. The color mate roller should help mill the ink down a bit to help that. I used to have that problem on the very first Kompacs that came out waaaay back when. And they only had 2 rollers form and meter. The newer units have a slower oscillator roller that might help mill the ink better. I remember the old Kolormate's were a very fast oscillator. And did not work very well. On the old 2 roller units it was a buildup of ink on the form roller. You can try to squeeze the roller nip a little tighter. But watch for scumming/toning if so. A old trick we used to do was run a very small amount of roller wash in the fountain solution. If you run metal plates you can get away with it. I wouldn't try it with mega silvermaster plates. Anyway this would prolong the ink buildup somewhat. Most of the time we'd just clean the Kompac unit as the ink builtup and caused a problem in the solid area. And then continue the run. Also by closing the nip a bit it might help with your ghosting problem. While the Kompac units are a nice no brainer unit they do have some drawbacks. What type of plates, ink and solution are you using? Running 4 color on a Multi 1250 bring back some old memories for me!!! 2 colors at a time. Lotsa fun!!

5. Marco Cobucci

Marco Cobucci Member

Tank you.
    I use Chinese Plate and Cromos INK and Metalgamica Font Solution.
    Here I find AGFA Plate and Solution. Are very expensive, but i buy if it´s necessary.
    I post a photo of my kompac and my machine tank you again.

6. zeevette02

zeevette02 New Member

That's typical Kompac "piling". I switched the colormate oscillating roller to run on the pinch (not form) roller. This entails some minor fabrication, and cutting of the cover, but really helps the ink. Also, if you use a heavy varnish to reduce ink tack, it minimizes the problem.

7. bluebeep

bluebeep Member

common problem its rolling power using one roller slighltey smaller helps but keep water as low as poss .
    rider rollers would cure butcan you fit them r u engineer. get better press or farm heavy work out