Kompac for GTO DI waterless

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by mantman, Aug 3, 2018.

1. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Could someone tell me if Kompac system -any of it- can be installed in a GTO DI waterless press? Do they have a way to engage the system via a lever or button? Also its price new/refurbished
    This press miss a lot of things concerning dampening -journals/oscillators/rollers/throw on/off lever/water on/off buttons-

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

I've installed a number of the old DI GTO's in days past, and they were all retrofitted to Kompac. New system was all self contained, and relied none on Heidelberg mechanical parts nor assemblies.

3. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Thank you for confirming my suspicions any idea on price range? Hope my employer will consider it since this system is tiring and very restricting in consumables as pms colors tend to scum and when you manage to bring it at desired density i get toning, although i use anti tone paste i lose the correct hue and do alchemy of color to achieve it!

4. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Just talked to my employer he had researched some time ago and the cost of buying 4 units plus electrical installation went to 25k euros!

5. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Understood, but he also has to look closely at the payback by installing them. Consumables cost and increased production surely warrants the retrofit.