komori VIMC11 ERROR 8 GET HANGS WHILE RUNNING

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Anand5421, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Anand5421

Anand5421 Member

Dear sir
    I am facing a problem with lithroine L440 which has type 4 pqc the VIMC11 Gets hanged when there is power interuption .while hangs it shows an error 8 in the seven segment display
    can some body help with these
    bye
    anandbnd628@gmail.com

2. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

E8 on the VIMC board just indicates a server or driver error for whatever unit you have selected. Power interruption can cause the VIMC board or the PQC to lock up. How about stopping the power interruption first?

3. Anand5421

Anand5421 Member

Dear sir
    thanks a lot for u r valuable reply .i mean( for the power interpution) that when ever the job is over and machine is stopped for the day and the next day when switched on it gets hanged ,it is like random it runs when the machine is not switched off for 2 days like running continously day and night and again when switched on the next day it gets hanged this procedure should be repaeted when ever the system gets hanged .is it some watch dog error plz let us know if to replace this board with a new one .

4. Anand5421

Anand5421 Member

when this card gets hanged .i have to remove the battery from the unit and reomve the board from the pqc wait for some time .then replace both it starts again .
    this procedure is often repaeted whenever the pqc gets hanged .

5. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

The VIMC boards does fail, occasionally but most of the time the problem is in the wiring to the press or at the inker themselves. Have you rung out, read the resistance of each wire from the PQC out to the press? Do all of the ink key motors move freely? Do any of your units have a blinking light at the 100% ink key bar, indicating a problem with that ink key?

6. Anand5421

Anand5421 Member

Dear sir
    I will check the with u r details given and reply u back with the feed back
    If i have any more doubts i will clarify with u
    Thanks a lot for ur valuable reply

7. Anand5421

Anand5421 Member

When error 8 comes all 4 units water dampening motor stops and scum in the printing starts and all the displays gets lock and when i switch off the machine and switch on set may or maynot switch on it is like random .

8. Anand5421

Anand5421 Member

None of the pqc function works when the error 8 dislays so i think u valubale sugestion will give me a good idea to solve. Aproblem