Komori Sprint Unusual Impression Cylinder: Deformed or Factory?

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by ibler, Apr 6, 2022.

1. ibler

ibler Member

Hi! We were running full solids on our Komori Sprint SII and discovered something very odd.

Apparently the middle part of the cylinders are slightly elevated. At first we thought that the cylinder had some repairs on it. But when we ran both units, both cylinders have identical areas of elevation. I'm attaching pictures of it.

My question is, is this factory? Was this unit created for a specific job? Although the unit is used when we got it, most of the bolts, nuts etc had factory markings (ink, paint) indicating that they were not yet touched. Hence the question.

Also what would be the remedy. Tried checking if the machine had impression cylinder jacket (like bergs), but there are none.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Attached Files:

2. Vic the Printer

Vic the Printer Member

what makes You think it's elevated cylinders? I think what You're seeing is roller and blanket problem. The weird pattern in the blue looks to be a blanket, and the red rollers.

3. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Have you had a tech check the pressure is even looks like rollers.

4. ibler

ibler Member

Hi Vic! That’s what we initially thought at first. So we changed blankets, underlay packing and swapped new rollers. Also, the blue sheet is from the first unit, the red from the second.

But we’ll try to check blanket and roller settings again. Thank you.

5. ibler

ibler Member

Hi Jack! Unfortunately there are no komori techs in our area. But we tried re setting rollers to 4mm nips. Ink transfer to plate and to blanket is full and clean. I’ll shoot a video.

Will upload new images after setting rollers. Thank you.

6. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Measure the hollow of the cylinder and calculate the thickness of the covering + blanket to work within the standards
    Also check the pressurization of the blanket cylinder with the impression cylinder (if the machine is new, I think the pressurization motors must be adjusted) generally at the Komori factory, the technicians miss this adjustment

ibler likes this.
  7. ibler

ibler Member

Hi Adil. Do you mean the undercut of the blanket cylinder? The plate on the machine says it's 2.3mm. So we followed this.

As to pressurization of the blanket cylinder, please enlighten me on this. Although we bought the machine used, this pressurization adjustment is new and interesting to me.

Thank you!

8. er.bajaj001@gmail.com

er.bajaj001@gmail.com Member

Hi Ibler, It’s a Very Common Problem in Used Press, It mostly Happens to a Normal Cylinder Press, Normal means Non-Chromed Cylinders.
    It Happens When you use Small size of Paper for Years.
    If you Want to Get it Repaired Do Contact Us.
    +9181066-66607
    mbajaj@bajajengg.com

ibler likes this.