Komori Lthron LS 640 Register D-side,O-side sensor Dirt

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Javed, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Javed

Javed Member

Hi Sir
    I have the problem at Komori Lithron 6 color LS 640,when sheets arrives at the headlay it gives the fault as " Register O-side,Drive Side sensor dirt"even i cleaned and checked the sensors by putting light in front of it and each wire and found the output light as its optical sensor,4 of the sensor are give the display value as 4095 but sheets cannot pass through the headlay. plz help to sort out the fault.

Attached Files:

2. Javed

Javed Member

I have check all the 4 sensors according to the book are working but facing the same fault as the sensors are dirty.

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

1)You must test the time of Feeder in relation to sensors, after you cleaned

2) Tips for Quickly and faster Test for sensor: see it with the camera of your cells, since they are I.R see if they are On, when you see with your camera cell, in that way you know if is working or NOT, and take the decission for replace it , if they are OFF.

3) See however if the power supply are in the sensor normally, +24Vdc however, see it in your schematic diagrams for Komori.

4) look for loose wires, broker, corroded, or with terminals oil.

5) the amplifier can be faulty, test according with the signal coming in the schematic diagram, starting with the power supply.

Blessing

4. Bloke

Bloke Member

This is not an uncommon problem. So let’s not make an easy job difficult. Firstly, to clean the sensors easily, you should start the press on crawl and engage the feeder. Then with the smaller of the 2 stop buttons, stop the press. This will allow you to inch the press with the feeder still engaged. With the lays now falling forward, you should clean all sensors with a regular pencil eraser.
    If you are having this issue mainly on lighter stock, then you should pay particular attention that the sheet is presenting flat and remains flat in the lays. This will be shown up on the digital output at the amp but that is getting away from our promise to keep everything simple.
    If still you have no success, then the fibre optic needs replacing. Not a difficult job, just awkward and fiddling.

5. Javed

Javed Member

Good morning Sir,
    1.I have cleaned the sensors,checked the output values on Amp,its getting on and off.
    2.checked the digital output values on the connector that is 23.6,24 Vdc for each sensor.
    3.Also changed the 4 sensors with new one but the result is same.
    4.Regarding timing I have set it as on crawling passing the 4,5 sheets from feeder when its reaching to the Headlay press the stop button and remove the first sheet then by inching when first sheet just reached the head lay by showing the degree "235 to 240"stop the machine,if there is difference in degree i loosen the sprocket bolts by turning it forward or retard to set the timing and repeat the process again to check the timing.I observe that the first sheet timing is good but the second sheet its not same facing this issue.In this condition if i turn on Operator side and drive side sensor sheet cannot pass but when I turn off the operator side then only the first sheet goes in the press, here on delivery side nothing gets on like air or fans.

Regards

6. Javed

Javed Member

Good Morning Sir
    1.I have cleaned and checked its output that is OK and also have changed the sensors but still having the same isuue.
    2.Checked the sensors with torch.
    3.Machine was running good, just we cleaned the spray powder device and its nozzles on delivery after that we are facing the problem at feeder.

Regards

7. Javed

Javed Member

Thanks for Everybody
    I had found the problem at front lay which was not responding precisely. Now machine is running good.

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Great sir

Good job

Blessing

9. matthias76

matthias76 Member

What was the problem ?