Komori LS529 problem 'safety circuit on'

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by polf, Feb 7, 2012.

1. polf

polf New Member

Sometimes the machine stops and gives the message 'safety circuit on'. After this message we have to restart the machine. It happens while printing, sometimes after washing, without reasonable cause it seems.

Has anyboby experience with this problem?

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

YES , MORE THEN ONCE :-(

is your press a UV press ?

3. polf

polf New Member

No, it's not an UV press. Komori technicians couldn't locate the problem. They thought one of the washing devices caused the problem, but they didn't resolved the problem.

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

normally this kind of error will come from the foot boards between the units , and it will happen more on a UV press with extra safty & switches.

I would say - check all foot voard switches one by one

Good luck

5. Kaoticor

Kaoticor Senior Member

Komori circuit boards also have a nasty habbit of going bad from time to time, causing fake alarms such as this. Just a thought.

6. HPC

HPC Senior Member

A bad stop button causes this with our presses. We just put the press at idle (half web) with no paper and wrap the area with the stop buttons with the back end of a screw driver. When she quits thats the one we change.

7. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

"Komori circuit boards also have a nasty habbit of going bad from time to time, causing fake alarms such as this." Really? Which one?
    Usually this problem is caused by the safety prox switches or even limit switches. If they are close to tripping, a little vibration and they may open/close quickly enough to trip the saftey monitor circuit. Run the press and tap/bang on all of the guards and covers to find where the problem is.

8. PressroomSpr

PressroomSpr New Member

LS40 UV with error code too

We tonight experienced the error code Safety Circuit Code on while putting on a coating blanket. Reverse works but nothing forward - not inching or slow/fast. Any ides where to look. It is also saying error code MO63F - down since 1:30 this morning and none of the doors or floor switch are at fault from what we can determine.

Does anyone know what that code is - why doesn't Komori give you a list of codes and what they go to???

Thanks for any help you can give.

9. Meny

Meny Senior Member

In your manual you will find a page with all the press errors , it is at the end of one of the chapters , can't remember what chapter and have no manuals in front of me now.

This is nirmally the floor board wuth the proximity switches under them , and will happen more if your press was retrofotted with UV , then it is due to small changes in the location of the floor board that can drive you mad with this error time & again.
    Once you go over them all and make sure none are critical.... you will have peacfull working days & nights.

Good luck

10. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

M063f is a "Safety Circuit Error", just like the display indicated. It can be caused by too many different faults to be able to list in the manual. It does give you a starting point though, a problem with the Safety Circuit. So if you are aware of a problem with any of your Safety circuits, you start there. Otherwise you will need a technician, or at least technical phone support.

If you were to look at page 40, in your Electrical Sequence Diagrams, you will see the beginning of the rabbit hole error code M063F can entail. When you say you can only Reverse, what does that mean? As soon as you try to move forward the error code M063F shows up on the monitor? Does the press move forward at all? Usually when the press will Reverse but will not travel forward, the problem is with the main motor Field Amp. But then you get a #1 main motor error. I would suggest contacting Komori and/or providing more detailed information of what happens when.

11. PressroomSpr

PressroomSpr New Member

Thanks guys for the responses. Here's what our Facilities guy said was the whole deal:

With the press able to run 8000 in reverse but not inch/run (while Jason (our pressman) was trying to put a new coating blanket on). I reversed the forward/reverse and polarity on the field amplifier (R-FRU202). Thus the reverse mode became inch/run and reverse faulted out not able to move. Also during this time we had a green light with various other faults totally unrelated to the original fault. I discovered that STPX and STPO relays (only the mushroom style e stops) were not high this becoming an additional conundrum. Starting from the delivery to the feeder Matt (another pressman) engaged and disengaged each e stop finding the 3rd. unit OP side switch was causing the green light. With that cleared my original trouble shooting continued condemning the field amplifier. The Komori tech, Keith (Facilities manager) and I (our Facilities guy) made the decision to change out the amplifier. The WO has the print attached with more details.

So from what i can gather $10,000 later were back up and running.

Thanks again!

12. spharris59

spharris59 New Member

safety circuit

we had similar problem it ended up being one of the timers on the safety circuit was bad my electrician changed one of the timers on the safety circuit ,,,problem solved hope this helps .......