Komori Lithrone multi-tap Transformer not getting input

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Abhi, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Abhi

Abhi Member

While inspecting a non working PQC, it was found that the 24 Supply to the main relay was missing and due to that the PQC was not working up.

Next, the transformer in the main cabinet on feeder side was inspected. The transformer does not give output as it is not recieving the input.

Does anyone know the relay/fuse or any other which might be causing no input supply to the transformer?

Any help appreciated.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Good day
    If you NOT have input in the Main transformer, you must search for 1) Fuse Turn OFF the machine, and use the DMM in continuity and measure an Fuse if you do not Have schematic diagram, Normall the input is 200 VAC, Style from Japan. or most Sure Circuit Breaker maybe is Tripped.
    Or course you must know that something had been happened. a( Some short circuit in the secondary Tranformer( or the same transfer can be faulty the winding inside or Grounded with the chassis) with the Load, maybe the Relais (coil) or the Bridge rectifier is defective, sicen there 24Vdc, or condenser or capacitor.
    Let me know any question or doubt

3. Abhi

Abhi Member

Hi Chock,
    Many thanks for the reply, the transformer looks good and so does other components. Yesterday it was running well and good and today it was not turning up.

The input to the main transformer(with multiple outputs on 24V, 26V, 35V, etc) is missing. I just hope if someone can guide me to possibly faulty relays or circuit breakers then it will be helpful. A screenshot of the schematic will be very helpful.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi, the situation NOW is different, since that you mentioned only 24Vca is missing for Relay,now you are
    indicating that 24+26+35vca IS MISSING.
    1) I can guide you, but need to know what PQC console is from Komori? # 1 or 2 or # or 4
    However is easy to track the problem: a) the input in the transforme Normally for Codes in Japan are:
    1) can be input 100Vca or 200 Vca or 220Vca, etc See what is the indication of the Name plate for indication for Voltages.
    and measure with DMM(digital multimeter) and test if there are : a) if there are you must measure the output for 24+26+35Vca if there are NOT is indication a Faulty Transformer. b) If there are not Input see for Fuse or C. BREAKER tripper and Reset!!
    Normally you won't see some abnormal situation with the main transforme in the case is Faulty. Since the Winding inside is Reheating, NOT normal instrument test can be detect if is faulty. ONly with special instrument Called MEGA0ohmeter(very expensive test instrument)
    Let me know any result

5. Abhi

Abhi Member

Hi Chock,

Sorry for confusing you.

The problem is that the transformer in the machine cabinet is not getting input supply. Like you said:
    b) If there are not Input see for Fuse or C. BREAKER tripper and Reset!!
    I wanted to know the possible fuse or Circuit breaker which I can check to begin with.

Many Thanks,
    Abhi

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Hope you are welel
    Attached is my design for a input transformer and output transformer with differents voltages.
    The input transformer if you see has some taps for input transformer, or course has Fuse or C.Breaker
    In order to identify the Number of Fuse of C. Breaker, your must totally to TURN OFF the main switch of the machine and PQC, and
    set the DMM in continuity.
    See the drawing that i am attached with DMM, the continuity tes must be point out the indication for Infinitum. Good indication will
    be the DMM sound BEEP.....!! OTHERWISE the if NOT sound BEEP the fuse or C. Breaker is Blown or tripped.
    In that way you must identify the fuse or C. Breker .
    Let me know any question or doubt

Attached Files:

7. Abhi

Abhi Member

Many thanks for the help.
    I'll try to fix this :).

8. Vic the Printer

Vic the Printer Member

Were You able to figure out what was wrong?

9. Abhi

Abhi Member

Yes, the circuit breaker was tripped down.

10. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir.
    Finally did you fix it?

11. Abhi

Abhi Member

Hi Chock,
    The problem was fixed.
    Many thanks.

12. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok buddy