Komori L540C Green & Red light blinking alternatively

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Amila, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Amila

Amila New Member

On our Komori L540C machine out of order since 19th November. Cause machine cannot put in to run. it is blinking Green & Red lights alternatively like some safety features activated.
    we checked all the relays, switches, trips as we can check but hard-luck. main thing is we have no idea where to check? Agent have been trying to find the cause for 2 days now so i though id put it up on here and see if anyone had any suggestions as to what could be causing this fault. Cheers.

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

The answer will be at the plc's

WHAT IS YOU LOCATION - 'Kelaniya' IS NOTHING I KNOW....

IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR PLC'S , YOU WILL SEE THE ONE THAT BLINKS WITH THE LIGHTS. CHECK WHAT CIRCUIT IT IS TO SOLVE.

DO YOU HAVE A FORMAL KOMORI ELECTRIC ENGINEER IN YOUR EREA ?

3. tonythetiger

tonythetiger Previous User

It is in Sri Lanka.Where the kiddie fiddler Arthur C Clarke used to live.

4. Amila

Amila New Member

Hi Meny,

Many thanks for your reply. Our Location is In Sri Lanka, near India. Actually we don't get any formal Komori electrical Engineer in our area.

Cheers

5. Meny

Meny Senior Member

try to help

see how it goes
    if you can not solve it , i can send you a komori engineer to solve but as you can assume , this will cost money including flights & so on.

good luck

6. Amila

Amila New Member

Thanks Meny

I will check the Situation tomorrow & comeback to to you

Cheers

7. klecman

klecman Senior Member

A little more information would be helpful. Is the flashing regular and constant? Did you look at the PLC lamps as Meny suggested? Is one or more of them blinking in time with the red and green lamps? Are any of the relays clicking along with the lamps? If so, which ones? Does your press have an LCD display on the delivery control panel or console?
    It sounds like the press is trying to go into run condition and then detects an error and goes back to the "stop" condition.

8. Chris Wilkins

Chris Wilkins Member

How old is your Press?
    If it is the age where the PLC had the extra i/o units in the top of the press and the lower cabinets i suggest you check the communications cards and ensure the press is fully communicating first. Ensure comms to th eplc as well.

Does the hooter sound an alarm?

If not it sounds more like the nip gaurd of fail safe circuit is playing up. check the fail safe devices such as sheet overrun nip gaurds etc.
    If you can give me more information i may be able to help as i am an electo mechanical engineer from Brisbane Australia 27 years experience on Komori.

Cheers