Komori Electrical Parts

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by klecman, Jul 24, 2009.

1. klecman

klecman Senior Member

After 15 years as an independent electrical technician specializing in Komori repair, I have recently retired due to physical disability. My modest collection of spare and replacement electrical parts is available at discounted prices.

My inventory includes Fuji and Omron command and stop switches, replacement Fuji switch contact modules, Fuji control relays, Hoist limit switches, air valves, Eyekom IIB repair kits, contactors, rebuilt Type C ink key motors, AMP connectors and replacement locking rings, refurbished APR Mini delivery fan speed controllers, various 220 volt fans, small 24 volt DC power supplies, etc.

I can also assist in locating aftermarket electrical parts and supplies, repair service, and telephone support for electrical, mechanical, and printing problem solving for Komori presses.

Send your parts list request or inquiry to ah6k@warwick.net.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  2. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Sorry to hear of your troubles klecman.

I hope you keep posting even if you come out of the trade.

There are all too few knowledgeable techies out there - particularly those who are happy to pass on their expertise for nothing more than a 'thank you' on a forum.

cheers

RK

3. klecman

klecman Senior Member

Thank you for your concern.
    The forum provides an enjoyable passtime and I can't imagine leaving. I am pleased to help whenever I can, like the old fire horse who can't resist the sound of the alarm and feel great satisfaction in helping solve technical problems. I'd like to pick up an occasional paid telephone consulting job from anyone who who feels they would like to pay for immediate telephone troubleshooting. Also, I have several close friends and associates in the trade for whom I would like to arrange referrals.

Otherwise, my email support is without charge. Though I can't travel out of the immediate area, I can do an occasional light duty on-site job in the downstate New York and Northern New Jersey areas. Just no 100 pound feeder pumps or removing catwalks without help. I will keep my liability insurance active at least for the remainder of the year and would like to dispose of my spare parts collection as I plan to move back to Kentucky in a year or two. My prices are about half the list price for most items.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  4. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

maintenance mode?

Secret PQC info...

I seem to recall if you switched the PQC off then on again while pressing a combination of keys you got into maintenance mode...or did I dream it?

Any pointers here klecman? Or is it something left well alone?:D

5. klecman

klecman Senior Member

PQC Tuning Mode

Starting with the "D" series console, by pressing a key combination while turning on the power, one can access the "Tuning Mode" or "TM" function in which many parameters can be changed. However, I am reluctant to reveal this unless the user has a definite purpose for accessing the parameters since it is easy to foul up the entire PQC operation when put in the hands of a "Harry Handy" who could make the PQC entirely disfunctional.

The main reason to access the TM parameters is to restore them after a memory loss or replacement of the CPU board. I also have some nondisclosure concerns because making the procedure public could result in many calls to Komori Technical Support. Though I am no longer doing contract work for them on a regular basis, I would not like to be the source of unnecessary work for their technicians. I have a great deal of respect for them and know how they are often overwhelmed by support calls.

My position is that if there is a need for the information and I feel I can trust the individual not to screw things up, I am willing to release it on a case by case basis. There surely are others on the fourm who know the "secret code" but for the reasons stated above, I hope they would not make the information public.

In your case, if you need to know the procedure or just want to satisfy your curiosity about the settings for future reference, I have no reluctance about sending you the instructions and standard parameters by private email. ah6k@warwick.net

6. chris johnson

chris johnson New Member

Looking for a pile up/pile down hoist relay switch for a komori sprint L-225B Old 2 color. Gear side of the mabeg jr. feeder. Have pics if needed

7. klecman

klecman Senior Member

If that is the rotary switch that connects to the handle, it will be difficult to find. You may be able to repair it if it is just dirty contacts that are the problem. Remove the cover and try flushing it with contact cleaner while operating the handle.

If that doesn't work, you will need to remove the switch and clean it as best you can with contact cleaning solution and a bunishing tool. Draw a diagram of the wire connections but avoid taking the switch apart.

If you have the time, you could send it to me to see if it can be repaired.

8. chris johnson

chris johnson New Member

Used the contact cleaner. Took the relay apart-cleaned and filed the contacts. Switched the contacts around and wired back up. Same problem- pile up side is good, but pile down side does not work. Thanks for the help-let you know on sending the relay switch to you for repair

9. klecman

klecman Senior Member

How do you know the problem is in the switch? Have you checked the switch contacts with an ohm meter? Or, you could connect a jumper wire to wire #1, then touch the other end to wire #53 to see if the motor starts. Be careful, the circuit is live with 220 volts.

There are other problems that can prevent the pile from lowering such as the normally closed contacts on the up contactor - S9. Turn off the power, connect an ohm meter across the auxiliary contacts on S9 - between wires 53 and 85. You should see less than an ohm of resistance.

10. shreyansh

shreyansh New Member

Looking for the ink duct motor for komori lithrone 440 year-1985. Kindly help me to get the same.
    Waiting for response....

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  11. controlgraphics

controlgraphics Senior Member

Hello, do you still have some of the parts for sale? We are interested in purchasing good or defective parts electrical parts for manroland,komori,heidelberg,mitsubishi,harris,goss. Please let us know of anybody you know that may be able to supply us.
    Control Graphics USA
    controlgraphics@sbcglobal.net

12. MILENIO

MILENIO New Member

I have seen your ad on their experience and ability to get electrical parts for Komori, we have a s228P komori year 98 and below feerboard lacks a coil that regulates air flow to the feeder.
    your reference is:
    TAGASAKI - AC selenoid APCK, L300 REFERENCE
    IS 200v, CAPACITY 3Kg, 21mm DISTANCE,
    YOU HAVE IT, WHAT IS THE VALUE?

We have some performance problems, they can consult?, You can sell us a copy of electrical plans?, Recently bought the machine in Chile, and did not send the manuals.

THANKS

13. klecman

klecman Senior Member

I have only Model K-300-APCK 3 kg 20mm but am checking with some of my suppliers. Have you tried Controlgraphics listed earlier in this thread?

14. MILENIO

MILENIO New Member

solenoid K300

Hi klecman

i think that is possible put the solenoid that you have, as is the price and how i can get

Thanks, my mail is milenioediciones@hotmail.com

15. klecman

klecman Senior Member

I think that the solenoid you need has a metal tab at the end of the armature to prevent the armature from being pulled out of the coil. Can you or someone post or send me a copy of the page in the parts manual that shows the air valve solenoid for your '98 Sprint 228?