Komori Dampening Motor

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by prashant_sengar, Jun 23, 2012.

1. prashant_sengar

prashant_sengar Member

Hi all,
    We have been offered to buy a KOMORI with the following details.
    1986 Komori Lithrone Model L640-III
    Six-color 28x40" Offset Press
    PQC Console
    Komorimatic Dampening System
    IR Dryer
    Refrigerated Circulation
    Powder Spray
    The machine is in USA and dealer is saying that its dampening motor is broken. My question is how many Dampening motor a six colour Komori may have. If one dampening motor is broken, can we run other five unit properly. Also, can we remove one unit completely and make the machine a 5 Colour.
    Please help, thanks in advance
    Prashant

2. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

There is one dampening motor per unit. It's a lot of work to remove units, also they are generally installed in pairs. Why not repair/replace the broken dampening motor?

3. prashant_sengar

prashant_sengar Member

Thanks brother, it will definitely help

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

From your questions it is clear you know nothing about Komori presses

From your questions it is clear you know nothing about Komori presses - I would first learn and dig in before i put my money.
    Komori are very good presses , but if the press you buy is no good , and it is a posibility , it can be very expensive - before you touch the press or put your money on it , have a GOOD KOMORI engineer check it for you and supply you with a report.
    On an old model , if any sub system on the press is bad , it is important to know - if you do not know the brand , you will not be able to realy check it all.

If you need a good contact in the USA you can count on - talk to me

What is your budget for the press ?

5. prashant_sengar

prashant_sengar Member

Hi Meny,
    Thanks for your valuable suggetions. you r true, I have very little knowledge about presses, but I m learning day by day. our requirement is a komori 4 colour 28x40 press. Make should be 1986 or newer. We have not yet decided our budget because we dont have much idea about second hand press market in USA. If you can help us find a suitable one, you r welcome. my mail id is industries.aryan@yahoo.com

Prashant

6. prashant_sengar

prashant_sengar Member

Hi Meny,
    Thanks for your valuable suggetions. you r true, I have very little knowledge about presses, but I m learning day by day. our requirement is a komori 4 colour 28x40 press. Make should be 1986 or newer. We have not yet decided our budget because we dont have much idea about second hand press market in USA. If you can help us find a suitable one, you r welcome. my mail id is industries.aryan@yahoo.com

Prashant