Komori 226L eyecom

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by steveo, Mar 15, 2010.

1. steveo

steveo Senior Member

Im getting doubles that sometimes get caught by the mechanical detector but shouldnt the eyecom catch those? well theres actually a couple of problems , its not tripping when a bad sheet goes into the infeed , if you miss a sheet or its late it doesnt trip and when I shut off the air and the last sheet goes down the board the press stays on speed and impression. Is this something Im doing wrong with the eyecom or something else , I dont wanna keep changing blankets!!
    thanks

Steve

2. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Hi Steve. The problems you are having are all to do with the eyekom unit. Most of the stuff you listed i had happen to me last month and it was the eyekom causing all the problems. I have it back running beautifully now.
    The mechanical DSD is before the eyekom DSD so that is correct, how would the eyekom stop for a double if it goes through the mechanical first and stops.
    Regarding it not tripping with a bad sheet, this is controlled by the LF and Rf sensors at the front lays. The middle sensor at the front lays is the double sheet detector and should have a sender and receiver, just back from it on the feeder table is another sender and reciever for (impression on). This mustn't be set right or else it is faulty.

Had similar problems recently and i had to replace the (impresssion on ) emitter. My press is 1984 so some of the parts are now going on me. the wiring is also quite old and very brittle. If you can i would get an electronics guy to put a multimeter on all the connections and see if there is power going to each sensor coneccted tot he eyekom. It might be just a case of a bit of soldering needed.

Also im presuming you know how to set the eyekom properly and when you do set it, that the press is at the correct position on the dial.

Need to know anymore let me know.

3. steveo

steveo Senior Member

Well I never did get any training on that eyecom but the mechanic went over it real quick with me ...set the sheet at the infeed , put the press @ 290 degrees and turn the r and l dials till the red LED lights up the turn it back untill the light goes out..? is that correct? today I watched the press misfeed and it just keep running so Id like to get a good explanation of how to set everything..I cant keep changing blankets lol , let me know if you can give me a step by step tutorial of how to set it .....thanks , otherwise the press runs great , have to say never having run a Komori Im pretty happy with how it prints:)

Steve

4. KGM

KGM Senior Member

I never put a sheet in when im setting it. I set my dial to 275 even though it says 295, but that could just be my lithrone only. It was written on the eyekom in marker when i got it and it works.
    With the LF and RF turn the dial until the red light comes on and move it forward another 15 degrees.
    For "P" use the same as above. For "S" hold down adjust and turn the dial until the light comes on, for "D" hold down adjust and turn until the light comes on and advance it 15 degrees.

I will double check the sequence at work tomorrow, you should be able to test them all by putting a sheet over each sensor in turn to see if they are working.

here is the thread when i was having problems..

http://www.colorprintingforum.com/k...ouble-sheet-detector-problem-urgent-2746.html

5. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

If you aren't coming off impression it's the P sensor...it's either shot or set incorrectly. Put a sheet of the stock you're running over the cell and check the Eyekom light goes out.

Older Eyekoms aren't known for reliability - in fact my old printshop in the late 80's had a couple of spare units (they did have 4 Lithrone's) so they could swap out and repair without much downtime.

I reckon Klecman could help you out - he's whiz at Komori electronics, located in your area too I believe...he might even have an EyeKom as he's a bit of a squirrel :D

Hey Klecman wake up and give Steveo a hand here ;-)

6. steveo

steveo Senior Member

Thanks ....so advance the dial 15 degrees? is each line on that dial in incre
    ments of 5 or what?

7. steveo

steveo Senior Member

Thanks Rich....Ive been trying to stress the importance of having this looked at to the owner , blankets aint cheap and I dont need the practice hanging new blankets!!
    Yeah Klecman where the hell are you?? lol
    I bought a set of rollers yesterday , the previous owner gave us a box of spares but some were from a miitsu and some were mystery rollers so now I gotta pay for cores....dang!

Steve

8. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

You'd be well advised to make sure the two sheet mechanical detector is finely set until the capacitance sensor is doing it's job.

Our old Lithrone L428 had the same issue until the day it went out the door (I couldn't afford a new or replacement Eyekom either) it cost us a lot in blankets so on reflection I should have spent the money :(

9. KGM

KGM Senior Member

each line on the dial is 30 degrees, its only a minor adjustment.

Also can you see the lights on the sensors for the double sheet detector and impression on. if they are gone or even weak they might need to be replaced (very easy just plug and play) a new emitter cost about 100 pounds.

also the setting sequence i wrote above is correct, i checked it at work today

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  10. timc

timc Senior Member

just a little reply have you cleaned the sensor And if its fibre optic cleaned the optic at the connection
    Sometimes its a little problem not big

11. KGM

KGM Senior Member

[​IMG]

These two emitter lights should be on always and quite bright.

and also is this like your eyekom unit...

[​IMG]

12. steveo

steveo Senior Member

yes that looks like the same , I followed the steps yo descibed and less trouble yesterday so thanks...Id still like to have it checked out though.
    The other thing I forgot to mention is its always cold in the plant and the paper is way too cold so hence , static! doesn help....I got some tinsel and D-Stat spray but still the paper tends to lay heavy so I end up making smaller loads...Thanks for all the help!!
    Steve

13. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Just updating with better resolution photos and instructions for future reference.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video of eyekom during production
    [video=youtube;fLSz5S2POtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLSz5S2POtk[/video]

14. steveo

steveo Senior Member

Thanks K , now that I have that down pretty good the union called me to work in a shop with a CD lol , go figure , but I gotta go with the union job cause thats how I get my medical benefits.....but again thanks for all your help , appreciate it!

Steve

15. klecman

klecman Senior Member

Steveo,

Sorry, havn't been on the forum for a while. If there is anything I can help you with on the eyekom or other komori electronics, let me know.

David

16. steveo

steveo Senior Member

eyecom....

np , thanks its been running quite well actually, I have a job right now on 20 pt board , been going fine , holding good sheet register , I never ran a Komori before but it seems like a good little press....

17. Mehmet kozansoy

Mehmet kozansoy New Member