Kodak trendsetter

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by shani2742, Dec 30, 2020.

1. shani2742

shani2742 Member

Dear all
    Good day.
    I am having trouble in ctp machine after turning on power machine's 2 (PS2 and PS3) power supplies are not turning on.
    I have already checked the safety corcuit.
    There is also an error on computer " waiting for device to communicate to workstation"
    Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thankyou

2. mehmet ali

mehmet ali New Member

please send to me errors screen shots

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

I am recommend you test the :

1) Fuses( for open with the Digital Multimer or DMM or C. breaker , RESET the breaker). in order to activa PS2 +PS3.
    2) iF some fuses or C. Breaker are good now, the PS2+PS3 must the LED ON.
    3) if not LED ON, is indicative the power supply is defective, repair or replace,
    4) that the 1rs Step, that you must do it.

Blessing

4. Basit

Basit New Member

Salam Mr.Ali
    We are having the same problem on Kodak Achieve 800 CTP. When we run Print Console communication starts and the compressor runs for 2 seconds then communication is lost and "waiting for the output device to communicate to the workstations" message appears on Print Console

Attached Files:

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

After you did this test:
    1) Fuses( for open with the Digital Multimer or DMM or C. breaker , RESET the breaker). in order to activa PS2 +PS3.
    2) If some fuses or C. Breaker are good now, the PS2+PS3 must the LED ON.
    3) if not LED ON, is indicative the power supply is defective, repair or replace,
    4) that the 1rs Step, that you must do it

Do this:

1) Perform a visual inspection : look for loose and broken wires, improperly seated connectors, loose or broken wires
    misset switch, missing jumpers. and so on.
    Chech for obviously damaged component(components burned or discolore due to overheating);
    Dust + dirt + tear +wear

2) Reseating Boards and components:

Edge connectors are a common souorce of problems. Power down the system and remove the PC boards. Examine the edge connector
    for contamination and clean with contacts cleaner contacts. Reseat any loose components such as scoketed ICs) . Reseat the
    boards and power up.

Blessing

Basit likes this.
  6. Basit

Basit New Member

Dear Chock
    In really appreciate your help
    I attached as photo & Video of the EMCE board.
    When starting Print Console communication with the Kodak Achieve Ctp starts & the Compressor makes a noise for 3 seconds & communication is lost and the message "No output Device" appears on the Print Console. Do you think it is as Software or Hardware problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EFfsqOpOzfWRXZKYNk79O-fzwurGCeXA/view?usp=drivesdk

Attached Files:

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir;

I strong recommend to follow the steps indicate before

After you did this test:

2) If some fuses or C. Breaker are good now, the PS2+PS3 must the LED ON.
    4) that the 1rs Step, that you must do it

Do this:

1) Perform a visual inspection : look for loose and broken wires, improperly seated connectors, loose or broken wires
    misset switch, missing jumpers. and so on.
    Chech for obviously damaged component(components burned or discolore due to overheating);
    Dust + dirt + tear +wear

2) Reseating Boards and components:

Edge connectors are a common source of problems. Power down the system and remove the PC boards. Examine the edge connector
    for contamination and clean with contacts cleaner contacts. Reseat any loose components such as scoketed ICs) . Reseat the
    boards and power up.

Some wire or Ribbon or Flat cables, can be open , or defective and need replace, by that reason, test carefully all the steps.

Blessing