Knifeline knock out a white line in the artwork

Discussion in 'Layout, graphics, and prepress Software' started by JCDM, Apr 9, 2014.

1. JCDM

JCDM New Member

Hi Everyone, im new here, i run a design studio and have a question that i need answered in regards to knife lines. I have been making knife lines the same way for many years in Aus with local printers however im now about to print offshore for a client and noticed a discrepancy on my print ready PDF file which i discovered has always been on my files but i never noticed

Here is my problem, when i look at the finished file its fine, the knife line is on a separate layer over the artwork set as a PMS colour with correct bleed etc. When i viewed the file in Adobe acrobat professional i just wanted to check my PMS knife line and when i hide the knife PMS colour in the output preview it removes the knife line but a white line is left in its place. this is wrong the background should be solid colour. i have printed a few files now but never noticed this can anyone shed some light on this for me.

My main fear is that my printers have been correcting this issue without my knowledge and since ill be printing this next job offshore i just want to make sure its 'mickey mouse' so to speak before i get disappointed and screw a large and expensive job for my client.

Thanks Everyone, if you guys cant answer my question ...no one can ;)