kms-iv

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by jetscreamer, Feb 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jetscreamer

jetscreamer Senior Member

I've recently renewed my pc running kms-iv, but now my serial id will not let me register the software during installation, is this because the id was matched to the windows product key? or something else.

2. Loupeyeyed

Loupeyeyed Senior Member

I believe there are some Komori technicians on this site that might be able to help with that one. I know that the K.M.S. system runs off of some highly outdated software, I believe it's called DOS. I'm no computer man so that's as far as I can go with this one.

3. KILRONE

KILRONE Member

Call this guy........ His name is harvey he will help you guranteeed.... Usa.214-632-2869

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

A crack is available but not leagal

i would call komori and ask for an upodate - they can give you the complete s/w under this definishion at a lower price - then you are leagal and can have full support.

Good luck

5. Red Baron

Red Baron Member

do you have the unlock code.
    I would like to have it.
    i can then implement the software to work on my machinen with no kms specification.

6. Sarah Connor

Sarah Connor Member

Hi, can anyone help me. We have just replaced our PC - I have KMS 2 loaded and working, but it will not communicate with the press. We have the serial cable plugged into the motherboard serial port. I have been told we need a separate card - MOXA - to get them to talk. All was well before on the laptop we were using on the built in serial port - but no idea how the port was set. I am suspecting maybe we need to set up the com port with some special settings - flow rates, baud etc... It is on COM 1. I have managed to get a copy of kms2 on floppy from Komori - 2 floppy discs with Japanese DOS 7 and the KMS installer, managed to get it loaded despite DOS being in Japanese, it does read the press sheet count but wont read and write data from KMS to PQC... If I buy a MOXA card, what one do I need to get? And do I need this. All very odd as it was working fine before the laptop died. Is there anything I need to set up in KMS to set the port? Can anybody help? PLEASE!!

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  7. Meny

Meny Senior Member

KMS &comunication to press

Sarah

Give me a call - 079-24232341 (any time)
    I will put all the details & Answers on your table :)

Meny

8. Sarah Connor

Sarah Connor Member

Thank you Meny, will call tomorrow when it's front of us!

:)

9. Sarah Connor

Sarah Connor Member

Thanks for the offer Meny - we have managed to sort it ourselves.

Anyone else struggling - launch KMS then hit ctrl/alt/printscreen and change the comm port to 1 - it appears to be set to 3 by default.

Working off the standard 232 serial port built into the pc, so no need for any additional cards.

FWIW - Lindy sell a USB to Serial device for around $40 incl. if you have no serial port.

Another option would be to change the comm port in the control panel on the pc from 1 to 3 and leave the KMS Software as is.

10. Sarah Connor

Sarah Connor Member

Not very cheap - been quoted £15K for an updated license - that's why people make cracks - not impressed!

Going to have to bite the bullet if we want the latest version, come on Komori, that's taking the p*ss!

11. Sarah Connor

Sarah Connor Member

Hi Meny - got your message, but can't reply - forum says I don't have permission.

Got a guy called Andy coming this week - he has an alternative software that he reckons is better than KMS and will link to our Macs - will let you know.....

12. rolandman

rolandman Senior Member

Andy Lander?

13. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Wwwwwwwwhat ???????????

Hi Sarah

I know non original \s/w that will do the job for PCC and supply the PQ4 files you need for KMS to use , but i do not know any S.W to take the palce for KMS

Any way , you can simply call me - UK cell 079-24232341
    At the end of the day it is a question of cost and efficiency....

If your press is not the newest , the last version will not give you more than what the one you have will...

Do you have KHS on your press ?
    KHS-AI i believe not....right ?

So what is the use in the last version ?
    Simply get the one you have to work . i would say it is way cheaper :)

14. Ron Ynzunza

Ron Ynzunza New Member

Hi, We had our PCC system crash and we reloaded it on a new computer. Luckily, we had an old backup file from 2014. For some reason, the press does not see the correct name of of the files and are truncating the names. This is problematic if we have multiple forms and all files have the same name for each form front and back.
    I am new to my company and have no experience with PCC software. Hoping you could help.
    Ron Ynzunza

15. Jumajulian

Jumajulian New Member

Hello. Were you able to fix it? I have the same problem