KM C500 with Creo IC-301 Rip - color issues

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by GPXguy, Jun 30, 2010.

1. GPXguy

GPXguy New Member

We have the KM C500 and the Creo IC-301 RIP and having color matching issues.

First, looking to see what the current software level of the Creo is.

Second, we calibrate every time we change the stock, but it doesn't matter because the colors are always off. Any production files that we create here we use the Pantone Coated Colors but when you print those files (and doesn't matter what program, i.e., Quark, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.), the colors are off, sometimes way off.

Is there something I can do with the histogram in the Creo settings that I can globally get all the PMS colors to get closer to where they should be? I mean, it would be cool to be able to print a specified file, "read" the colors that it prints with a densitometer - we have the x-rite that came with it, plus the one that came with the EFI Color Profiler, and then adjust the histogram for the best color to match.

Thanks!

2. kmden

kmden Member

Before you make changes on the machine, what color profiles are you using (file)?