Join-venture Cambodia

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by zizokar, Sep 10, 2008.

1. zizokar

zizokar New Member

Hi everyone.

I m actually running a graphic design studio in cambodia for both outsourcing and local market.
    As you can imagine, i have many problems with my printing contractors (color proof, time to print, quality, paper ... )
    There is many needs for the print in this emerging country. People who wants a good printing quality go straight to Bangkok.
    So i decided to think about starting a good quality printing house.
    1 - Printing machine have long term return on investment.
    I just hade a look to some chineese website today and you can find a 10 000 USD brand new 4 colors offset printer.

I can hear you !!!! I know, cheep material and no research and dev.
    But the point is you just need 20 times less time to see your investment back.

Can t those machine go to this point ? this is the kind of machine i m talking about http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/208887887/Offset_Printing_Machine_DM_56II.html

That was the first point.

Then To start i was thinking of a 2 colors Offset printer.
    Then some laminating machine and UV, why not ?
    Heidelberg and komori s prices cooled me down !!!
    In this country and part of the world, wages are very low and allow a top quality service for very reasonnable price if you teach the staff how to work properly.
    I m not talking about respectless labour, just about teaching Cambodian a job for wages with they will be able to buil a future. targeting a high class market.

So i m looking for any advice, anyone who would feel like taking part on this adventure, this printing house in a very stimulating part of the world to bring quality and good work to this country.

In your consideration.
    Cedric

2. ob1

ob1 Member

Hi Cedric

What is this chinese 4 Colour press you can get for 10K USD. Could you tell me who the manufacturer is, it sounds like an imposibility?

3. zizokar

zizokar New Member

No you right, they gave me the wrong price.
    1 color offset : 9500
    2 colors : 25 000
    4 colors : 250 000
    1 year waranty
    the brand name is : Daming Offset Press Machinary Factory

4. Quicklabel Systems

Quicklabel Systems New Member

Hi Cedric,

We are manufacturer of color inkjet printer from US. We are looking for local distributor to expand our products into Cambodia. Please feel free to visit our website : www.Quicklabel.com