Itek 975 feeding problem part 2

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by Robert Carter, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Robert Carter

Robert Carter Senior Member

I looked in the repair manual and made all of the adjustments stated there. The press runs much better but at full speed it will still drop a sheet about every 100 sheets or so. I am running paper thru the press without printing on it. about every 50 sheets or so the tail end of the sheet will wrinkle. Any thoughts? Thanks In advance, Robert. :confused:

2. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

does the press feed the paper through the press but not in the gripper, or just miss picking up the sheet off the stack? missing the sheet off the stack is probably the pile height needs to come up a hair more. wrinkles tend to come from either the feed roller worn or possibly the guides may be too tight.

3. Robert Carter

Th press will feed the paper through, but about every 50 sheets or so the sheet will miss the cylinder gripper all together.

4. Bill Borcicky

The problem makes me think the feed rollers may be worn, have you tried to adjust the roller to advance the paper 2 or 3 mm farther? usually the paper is advanced up to the cylinder grippers until there is a buckle on the paper, once the grippers have closed on the cylinder ,the feed roller should disengage at that time.You should see the paper pop backwards (indicating that the paper is in the gripper) as the feed roller disengages.

5. Bill Borcicky

I had just read your posts from a few days ago, I now realize you probably already did this step, sorry, however I'll suggest to look at your delivery grippers. Where the cylinder grippers and delivery grippers meet to exchange paper. ensure that there is enough bite on the paper on each gripper and also each gripper bar on the delivery. sometimes either the delivery chain gets wear and streatches or the gripper bars get wore. Make sure the chain doesn't have a lot of slack in it first, then check the bite on the paper between transfer. adjust the sprocket wheels as necessary, to give you the even transfer and bite you need.

6. Robert Carter

The delivery grippers is where I started, I was suspecting that they are worn out. I have been running this press for almost 15 years and the gripper chain and grippers weren't knew then. When I pull up the gripper, the bottom part is smooth, are they supposed to be that was? I appreciate all of the help from you great guys.

7. Robert Carter

I am ashamed of myself, I can't figure out whats wrong with my 3200. I called a great guy from Covington KY. He is a repairman familiar with 3200's. He will be at my shop on Monday. I will let you guys know what the problem was.

8. Robert Carter

the feed roller is new, could it need adjustment? also the paper is old and could have moister in it.

9. Robert Carter

IT'S ME AGAIN. the 3200 made the popping noise again and the gripper cylinder is out of timing again. I loosened the two bolts on the Operators side on the gripper cylinder but it won't move.

10. trivenienterprises

trivenienterprises New Member

11. cuadra

cuadra Previous User

i have it. please reach me: ercupa@turbonett.com.ni BUT i will charge you

sincerely God bless you

ing.ernesto cuadra
    managua, nicaragua.