Itek 960 help or info as water not cleaning plate

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by stickycreationz, Feb 15, 2014.

1. stickycreationz

stickycreationz Senior Member

Hi all I have this ryobi 2800 it will not clean the plate at all. It will completely ink up. I cleaned ink off roller and all and put some ink on the plate and ran it with only water it will not clean it in does roll over it though. I checked with paper all the rollers and they are seem to all be adjusted well. Even when I poor some water on the plate when running it does nothing. I have changed and rechanged the water and fountian solution with different kinds all mixed right even with strips. Rollers are not in bad shape. I even used a different kind of ink :mad: any input from you? I am wondering if I used a roller cover on the water roller touching the plate?

2. FSA

FSA Senior Member

what type of dampening system do you have, what etch & how much? How old are the rollers?

3. stickycreationz

stickycreationz Senior Member

Also I received with the press about one and a half gallons of silver master SLM-OH III etchikng solution what is this used for? Poly plates? How do you use it?

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Etching solution is for etching, used in a process of making silver master plates, something you do not do/use. One of the most recommended solutions for poly plates is AB Dick Pink Fountain solution but If you get a kompac for that press, I will, most likely, eat anything.
    Please try something that called "Fountain solution concentrate"