Itek 3985 Horizontal Toning Problem

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Keenerprining, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Keenerprining

Keenerprining New Member

Itek 3985) - Horizontal Toning Problem 1 unit only - 2" Wide 6" from top, changed water covers, new ink rollers, adjuster pressures, fountain solution, ink, it happens with Silvermaster Plates or Metal Plates

2. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Are you running the stock molleton covers? If so check the roller bearing in the problem end of the roller. If you can wiggle the shaft and see the metal collar move inside the bearing it's shot. And needs to be replaced.

3. seanryder

seanryder Member

Check the "slop" play on your ink form rollers. Thats side to side movement. Night latches on idler rollers out try to move form rollers from op side to nonop side. If there is a bit of play that could be the problem. I've seen and corrected this often. There is an allen screw with a locking nut for each form roll end on the nonop side.

4. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Yes your right. I was reading the question wrong and thought it was a water roller related Q. Also check the rest of the ink idler stripe settings, correct blanket/underpack thickness and setting. But with new ink rollers I'd lean towards sean's advice. Form end play is the most common.