Issues in Polar 145 EL and Squareness Confusion!

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Zeesh, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Zeesh

Zeesh New Member

Hello,

Its been a while that, I have been working with Polar 145 EL, which was working just fine until today. The issue is that the clamp comes down before knife while trimming, but goes back to its place before knife goes back. What can be done for it, as I think it is affecting the material which is being trimmed? As the ream, which is being trimmed at guillotine, there are different degree/size of skewness in sheets of similar ream. Also, I have a general question that, if there is squareness/skewness issue in the sheets of board paper, which is coming from my sheeter, can Guillotine remove squareness of the sheets if we trim form all 4 sides of sheet or that is not possible?

Guys, please help! I am completely puzzled and confused!!!!

I am working with 400 gsm metalized board and trimming in the set of 100 sheets.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    You have problem with the Gear and limit switches.
    The gear and limit switches b22a+b22b, see your electrical schematic, is the design for Non-repeat device
    with the problem that you are having in your paper cutter.

1) test the limit switch: clean it very well, for dirty, corrosion, wear, or loose wire, or faulty l. switch (replace it) in necessary case.

2) the time of cam disc can be necessary, must be adjusted in such way that the knife stops at or a little in front of the upper dead point.

3. Zeesh

Zeesh New Member

Thank Chock, the clamp issue is resolved.
    Does anyone has a idea that if there is squareness/skewness issue in the sheets of board paper, which is coming from my sheeter, can Guillotine remove squareness of the sheets if we trim form all 4 sides of sheet or that is not possible? If yes, then how?
    Please Help!

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok sir.
    I did appreciate your words.
    Let me know any other trouble.