Is it worth it to buy used IGen3 in 2019?

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by R3n3, Jan 14, 2019.

1. R3n3

R3n3 New Member

Hi!
    I'm new in here and I want to know if is worth to buy such a machine like an IGen3.
    I attached to this post a picture, I don't know how to read it.
    Please help me with some advice.
    I have some offset printing machines and now I want to enter to the digital printing world, but for no much money for the beginning.
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

I think so. I have 2 available that are in excellent condition. I service igens and I used these in my shop before deinstalling them to get some other equipment cleaned and ready for sale.

3. peels

peels tree killer :)

YES.

From a 15 yr Xerox operator's experience so maybe I was pre-setup to work with igen well...

There are some issues, but Ive found them all to be pretty solvable. I do have a service contract though.

My IGEN4 has been here since 2010, still kicking.

4. R3n3

R3n3 New Member

Thank you for your replies. Yes, at this week I payed for the Igen3, i didn't see in production. Now I'm awaitng for arrival of the machine.

5. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

I might be a bit skeptical, especially is this is your first digital press. I just hope the company you're purchasing from is going to offer the support and training you need to get started and keep the machine running. If they install the machine and say "have a great day!" you're going to have to pay some costly training and service fees.

The Igen is a bit more intricate than most digital presses in its class. The Kodak Nexpress was a wonderful machine, and rather simplistic in it's day-to-day maintenance.
    An offset pressman could at least make sense of the design. The Igen looks like a can of worms on the inside.