IR3200 - What's the best paper to use?

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by wukfit, Nov 25, 2013.

1. wukfit

wukfit New Member

Hi,

Would someone be able to recommend the best paper to use (avoid jams, etc).

We intend to print mostly double sided A4 flyers, business cards, SRA3 (for A4 booklets trimmed, folded & saddle stiched).

Also, when printing double sided is it better to select duplex mode on the printer OR run one side through and repeat for the other side (via stack bypass)?

Many thanks for any help - I'm relatively new to this!

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I like mohawk 32# color copy paper for general flyers.
    I like mohawk 100# cover for business cards.
    I also like simply hammermill 28# color copy paper for booklets.
    I mostly ran double sided one side at a time for better registration when it matters and on heavy stock.

3. wukfit

wukfit New Member

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

I'm not sure I can get the Mohawk paper in the UK (Hammermill is available though).

I've been running some test prints through and when there is white/light text/gfx on a solid(dark) background the text/gfx appears to have a dropshadow effect (it doesn't though) - is this something you've seen? If so, can this be corrected?

The colour also appears faintly striped - both vertical (small stripes) and diagonal (larger but blurred) - again is this something you've seen?

Thanks for your help so far.

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Maybe you can scan a small part of a print and post it to show what you are seeing exactly.

Both of ours did exhibit some cross direction jitter that could be problematic in some tones. I don't know that we saw the diagonal that you are seeing.