Interesting thread on iGen4

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Stiv, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

2. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

We had a Xerox rep pay a visit and show us a demo. The stuff is incredible. And now with the new line of Digital Printers out, the resolution went from the 600x600 that the iGen3 produces to the offset industry's 2400x2400! We also saw prints with the 5th ink (spot varnish). This is one clean machine.

3. CMSTOKES

CMSTOKES New Member

We are using the matte ink...it is awesome. Everything looks better in my opinion especially flesh tones.

4. David M. Baker

David M. Baker Member

US, Owings Mills, T. Rowe Price Associates
    Hmmmm...going to have to investigate the matte inks...

5. enewz673

enewz673 Member

We have been flirting with going with the matte inks our selves. Does anyone use this on Linen? we saw it at the graphic expo earlier this month but you know how that goes perfect machine ... I want to see the machine that prints for 2-3 shifts 5-6 days a week and see how linen looks on that.

6. enewz673

enewz673 Member

That 5th ink is really cool fighting to get that in but managment does not want to pay for another machine.

7. LeeB

LeeB Senior Member

We just got a new Gen 4 with the matte ink, not a huge difference in my opinion. The black looks a lot softer especially on uc stock.

8. MPIMorgan

MPIMorgan New Member

i run a igen 4 how do you get the matte ink? just ask for it when you order your inks? Never heard of the matte ink had the 4 four over four years

9. LeeB

LeeB Senior Member

No you need a whole new machine. You either have a matte toner machine or a standard toner machine

10. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

No you do not - get your facts right

If you have an iGen4 it takes about 2 hours to convert it t Matt ink. It's not free as you need to pay for the License. iGen3's run on standard ink only

--
    Mark

11. LeeB

LeeB Senior Member

I was unaware that there was a conversion because we just got a whole new machine. Have fun with you "Matt ink" Way to spell buddy. And thank you for being so friendly in your response. I was unaware that you knew everything that is my fault. I thought this community was to help one another.

12. peels

peels tree killer :)

Ease up gentlemen. :) I get it...Xerox makes me grumpy all the time too. (i was here til 9pm last night) Dont take it out on fellow operators....bash the techs when they come in. works every time for me.