Input on the KM-C6000

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by Michael4, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

Anyone familiar with this machine? Please post your review. I have been satisfied with my 6501 but i'm interested in upgrading.

2. bizhub1

bizhub1 New Member

Km C6000

Just got back from training on 6000/7000 and here are a few things they changed. They changed and added filters for the process area and the DV ***'y to help with the lint and dust sticking on the DV units. They also add image density sensors to the relay unit, so calibration reads patches off the paper as well as the belt. Added a decurler and humidifier option as well to the relay unit. Added fans above the fuser to prevent paper wrapping around fuser with thin paper. KM came out with there own controller for these models now, the IC 601 and it is a embedded type and is about half the cost of a fiery. Toner and consumable yields were increased in both models. Added the option of the end user replacing consumables, made a few things easier to change. Thats just a few, hope it helps

3. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

Yes, its a great help. I appreciate it.

Its funny. I had to call service a few times for my 6501, only to have them tell me that removed dust from the DV, and that the machine is fine.
    A decurler unit sounds great too. Does it come stock with the machine? or must be added for additional cost?

Thats again for your feedback. I'm excited for the new machine.

4. bizhub1

bizhub1 New Member

The decurler I beleive is standard in the relay unit but the humidifier is an option. We played with the decurler in class and it really made a difference. You can adjust either up or down curl and when we maxed it out we could get the paper that was curled one way to actually come out and roll up the opposite way. It works! They also added presets for the paper catalog so you can just choose a preset instead of having to program every different type of paper you use. I think 500 presets.

5. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

Good Stuff! Thanks again.
    Over the years I had gotten so quick with changing paper types on the 6501. Until you just mentioned it, i never thought of it as an inconvenience

I'm eager to get my hands on C6000. i'm heading over to the showroom this week.

I'm trying to work out a better deal than we were given.
    For whatever reason I have a quote here for 2 clicks for anything over 8.5x11. It can't be right..

6. DouStu

DouStu New Member

Bizhub Press C6000

We purchased a Bizhub Press C6000 last month with the following options; DF-622 Document Feeder, FS-612 Booklet Finisher, PI-502 Post Inserter, LU-202 Large Capacity Tray, ES-1000 Spectrophotometer, and IC-413 Embedded Fiery. This machine is a real workhorse it runs all day with little operator intervention. The 1200 dpi color is fantastic, screens and gradations are very smooth. I don't have any problems with curling on coated or uncoated papers without the optional relay unit. The Embedded Fiery works fantastic! We were looking at a Bizhub 6501 I'm glad we waited for the C6000 the 1200 dpi make a big difference.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  7. willvp2408

willvp2408 Member

Hello,
    DouStu, I would love to talk to you about your C6000. We are about to purchase the same machine. If I give you my number can we talk, or you can give me your number and I can call you ?

8. willvp2408

willvp2408 Member

Doustu how do I get in touch with you?

9. DouStu

DouStu New Member

10. stratrunner

stratrunner New Member

Hi DouStu, we recently bought a KM Bizhub Pro C6000L with an IC-413 Internal Fiery Controller, and are considering buying the EFI ES-1000 spectrophotometer. Does it need any additional software to work properly?

11. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

12. stratrunner

stratrunner New Member

Hi ksergentakis, thanks for replying. We do have fiery IC-413 with the Bizhub Pro, my question is if the EFI ES-1000 spectrophotometer unit needs any other software besides this. Can't find any information on this online and many ES-1000 or ES-2000 units on sale in ebay come just with the unit and no software bundled...

13. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

Download EFI Command Workstation software is included.

14. stratrunner

stratrunner New Member

Thank you :)

15. ksergentakis

ksergentakis Member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013