ink/water ratios on komori

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Bruce, Apr 16, 2008.

1. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Well you know what, if it works for you then go for it.

As for my anecdote...we're talking 1972. I reckon ink technology has moved on a little since then don't you?

2. Manlai

Manlai Member

Need some help on spica 29P PQC-U settings

Hi folks,

I need urgent help on PQC settings. yesterday i replaced battery with rechargeable battery but in this morning when i started the komori, sound alerts and PQC displays to choose machine model, language etc., old data has completely lost. i am not familiar with this settings and i am from Mongolia far from services and it will be money and time consuming. please guide me how to enter data properly in order to working properly.

Really appreciated if you can help me to overcome with this problem.

Thanks

3. Manlai

Manlai Member

just for quick update there are few problems that i am facing right now: 1. when i disconnect battery for 30 minutes and then starting up again PQC displays choose to model which has a. 26 b. 29 c. 29PW three options. The question is what is the exact that i have to choose for Spica 29P? 2. AMR button has only third option which is inking but no other two blanket cleaning and dampening button these two are inactive. i don't know how to activate these buttons. 3. there is a error indicates MISSING SHEET DETECTOR OFF in monitor. but i can't find how to make it ON. please help me to figure this out

Thanks,

4. Miniwheat

Miniwheat Member

So let me see if I am understanding you correctly. You're saying that the "L", "M", or "H" preset is only governing the metering roller speed against the chrome roller until the press reaches approximately 5000 IPH. After that, the metering roller speed is consistent between units, even if they are preset differently. Then, as the press speeds up more the ratio takes over and increases the metering roller speed according to each unit's setting. Is that right?

I apologize for resurrecting this portion of the thread after seven years. I've been running a Komori 628 for about a year and a half now (my first one after many years on Heidelbergs and a Mitsubishi) and I must admit that the manual has seemed less than informative on this matter. I'm the only one in the shop with significant press experience so when the manual seems confusing, I'm sort-of flying blind. Any guidance or insight is always appreciated.

Cheers

5. Meny

Meny Senior Member

that's right

6. Miniwheat

Miniwheat Member

Thanks, Meny!

I have achieved better results already. Almost like I know what I'm doing. Lol

7. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

To me that doesn't make sense. If that were true, the only thing it could do would be to hit the sheet while it's on the way up with the pick up suckers before the forwarding suckers grab it. That would potentially break the vacuum, and it would be too soon.

I always thought it was there to help control the blast from the foot under lighter weight sheets.

8. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

That's partially correct. The individual set speeds run at 100% until the press reaches a predetermined speed (presumably 38% of top speed). After that, each individual unit - according to its' own ratio set - then speeds up to that setting. They never run 'all at the same speed' regardless of each unit's setting though. And, if you always run the press (in production) above the predetermined kick-in speed, they're always on anyway so you could just go with 100% all of the time.

9. SSniveling

SSniveling Member

The komori trainer set the press I currently run At the 5000 IPH turnover point and water ratios at around 145. If we didn't start press in slow speed (3200 IPH)instead of fast (6200 IPH) it would scum terribly. Since it is considered a 13 unit press with extended delivery standing there waiting for sheets to come through seemed to take forever. When the change over point got upped there was no more scum on start up in fast speed mode. I think having the sheets come through at 6200 IPH which turned the damping flush off combined with too high of water ratio was a bad combination.

10. sp102

sp102 New Member

ratios set at 100 are basicly off set all ratios at 130 this changes the feed of ink and water from start up speed to run speed that's it. MAINTAIN SPEED makeready at speed you plan on running at and maintain.by increasing ratios while running all you are doing is increasing the feed witch you can simply do by increasing sweep that's it

11. SSniveling

SSniveling Member

130 seems close to where we run our water (125) but our ink is only around 115. With these ratios we can go from 9000 to 13000 IHP and everything holds.

12. sp102

sp102 New Member

I am going to try that sounds correct