Ink scum at start up that resemles a wedge running horizontal on gear side of plate.

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by DNPD1, Dec 1, 2011.

1. DNPD1

DNPD1 Member

When we start up to print, we notice a streak on the gear side about 6 to 7 inches back from the gripper. It kinda resembles the wedge you get when a plate is loose near the gripper. We can get around the issue by opening the metering roller a couple of clicks. Replaced water meter and water form and checked and adjusted the ink forms. Not sure if a bracket is bad or if it is an air solenoid. Any help will be appreciated

2. jetscreamer

jetscreamer Senior Member

try advancing your oscillation by100 degrees from your zero point, assuming your oscillation is at the factory setting.

3. DNPD1

DNPD1 Member

I will give it a shot. Thanks for the tip

4. Dougiefresh

Dougiefresh Member

You should be able to check your solenoids by manually dropping your forms. If you drop them and you cannot affect a stripe adjustment then I'd quickly swap the solenoids. I would also be curious to know the age and history of your press. If a cylinder bearing was damaged during a transport then all that has been discussed so far is futile. Any idea?

5. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Check for wear in the cups (the supports for the stockend of the forme dampener), any up/down movement of the stock will give you this issue. If the latch is worn it can be turned over, if the cup itself is worn try some shim steel to pack it out.