Ink Problem?????

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Jedo, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Jedo

Jedo Member

When im running a job with low yellow coverage, it start to become dirty with the red ink, any ideas what could b causing this or how to solve the problem ???

2. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

That is normal to a degree. When you have coverage that is shared by more than one color, cross contamination will occur. It is probably more noticable when printing on coated stocks. The best practice is to clean your ink fountain once you feel it is too contaminated.

3. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

Ink migration happens on all machines to some degree. It just happens a little faster on the DI as there are no transfer cylinders as found on a large press to give the ink time to dry in between units.

The best thing to do is make sure your inks are tacked properly for the DI. Higher tacks in the first units lower in the last.

When running the DI it is best just to keep a small amount of yellow in the unit and dip it out throughout the run while adding new ink to keep the discoloration to a minimum.

4. whatnoziti

whatnoziti Member

I open my keys more and turn my sweep down low, seems to help.

5. William Taylor

William Taylor Senior Member

Check the impression cylinder for magenta to see if you are having a slight toning issue that you can't see on the sheet. You may need to up the temperature in the chiller or change the ink tack. Make sure your temp is around 22c.

6. Jedo

Jedo Member

My ink roller is set at 19.9 and image is 26 should i change any of them ? if so what to?

7. Litho

Litho Member

what is your sequence to which you are dropping your colors? i run k,c,m,y using toyo inks and ive never had any migration from unit to unit