Ink key in Control Panel keep flashing and flashing!

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Printing Presses' started by Blinters, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Blinters

Blinters New Member

Hi guys,

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond 3000LS. Recently I have realized that the Contol Panel unit where operator is always working on for colour setting has encounter different unit of colour (C,M,Y,K) of ink key flashing and flashing. They had wash the ink key blades thoroughly and so on. Problem eases at first, but still, back to square one again. Hope you guys can advice on this. Is it ink key motor problem? potentio meter? ink key circuit board? oh gosh.. please help..

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

sounds as if the servo motor for that particular key is out. This is very common occurrence on mitsubishi presses. We have wound up replacing pretty close to every single motor on our 3000 6/c. If you open the cover on the unit in question you will have access to an adjustment that will manually control each individual ink zone.
    By pulling out the knurled adjustment you can open or close that zone. If when you open and close a zone the display on the console goes up or down then your potentiometer is still good and needs no replacement. If it does not go up and down then you need to change both the servo and the potentiometer.
    Before you change you may want to just jiggle the connection of that particular servo a bit where it goes into the small printed circuit board. Be careful as its a delicate connection.
    Get used it it because once these servo motors start to go they will begin to fall like dominoes!!!

3. controlgraphics

controlgraphics Senior Member

4. TXprinter

TXprinter New Member

I ran the exact model, 6-c w/coater perfector. Ran for 8 years.
    It was the lowest maintenance press I ever ran. Went to Heidelberg,
    Wow,on my 2nd model, techs are constantly in. When we had flashing keys, we would have to adjust by hand & then go through the zero sequence for the keys. We had to do it on 3 occasions, but once we
    Done it, we didn't have anymore problems. The ink keys will sometimes get off & has to be realigned. Once you zero set your keys correctly it will take care of the problem, if your servos & such are ok.
    Like I said 8 years & we never had to replace anything like that. Although one tech did suggest, their master electrician suggested the other. Good luck.

5. rajivk

rajivk New Member

Hi to all,
    I am running a Mitsubishi 2F4 1990 model. My Ink key in Control Panel Keep flashing. Moreover all the unit
    ink key start flashing after few minutes. we have to power off the CPC and then again power it, to make changes in ink keys.
    But again after a while it starts flickering.
    Can there be a solution be for this never ending problem