Ink Fountain Blades

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by aqazi81, Dec 11, 2010.

1. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Hi,

We want to replace the ink fountain blade on our SORKZ, can anyone help me in which chemical/product should I use to paste the new blade?
    I've tried many products that are available in my country but those things do not last for longer period.

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

What do you mean by paste the new blade?

3. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

mount....

4. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

I dont think I understand exactly what you are trying to do. I have changed blades on many presses and never used a chemical to mount them. Why do you think a chemical is needed to mount a blade?

5. cjwworld

cjwworld Member

On my press I had to glue them and first I had to make sure it is very clean. The only thing I remember on the brand was loctite brand cleaner and adhesive. Sorry do not remember type

6. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

Ex-heidmech - I think these subscribers are getting just the blade from an aftermarket supplier and probably re-mounting it on the old "block", that's my take on it anyway.

7. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

When ever I replaced a blade, I just backed all the keys off so they weren't touching and used a feeler gauge to make sure it was level.

I forget the feeler gauge number but .12" comes to mind?

8. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

its been awhile but i seem to remember coating the underside of the blade with a thin film of grease after a throrough cleaning. then as gooner mentioned using a feeler guage after all the keys were backed off enough to clear the blade.

9. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

@exheid, I have to replace the blade on the SORKZ and the original blade was glued to the fountain, so I m looking for the product that i can use to glue the new blade.

10. marker

marker Member

no glue only bolts in, if it was glued it then they must have stripped out all the threads and had to glue it in. you could use 2 ton epoxy, it is a 2 part mixture and you would be able to remove the blade later but it would take some force.