Ink duct Foils

Discussion in 'Ink' started by aqazi81, Dec 18, 2010.

1. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Hi all,
    We recently bought Saphira foils for our press, but these foils are not lasting more than 4 or 5 days. we talked to Heidelberg agency in my country and they say it can b some technical issue. I don't agree with them bcoz the earlier foils that we were using from a different manufacturer, we were able to use them for two weeks.
    It looks to me that the thickness of these foils is less than the earlier ones....any Ideas on this?

2. kammannbro

kammannbro Member

Wow that’s crazy 2 two weeks, good for you guys, we also order the Saphira foils and in every box theres a card that says” these foils are not meant for UV base inks” my Heidelberg guy told us to change them every day shift 24/7 because we use uv inks, and theres no good UV foils in Ontario- Canada that i know of

3. Data

Data Senior Member

We had the same issue. The ones that are more opaque/thicker are the ones to get. Although youre doing well using them for two weeks. Basically we ran them until you couldn't tighten the tension screw anymore except for when we were running opaque white as they'd wear through

4. Redbiscuits

Redbiscuits Member

Opaque white will eat right through Saphira foils. I can get a week out of them when doing process work.
    It's just like Heidelberg Consumables to tell you that the press is the problem. That's all they do is point fingers at the press.

5. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

im thinking the foils dont owe you anything if your getting a weeks worth of life out of them. They are after all a consumable. If i put foils in the press on a Monday and keep 4/c process inks in the press for a week they get dumped at the end of the week along with any ink thats left over in the fountain after a week of running. More than that and as mentioned your having to tighten down the foils to their limit and they get thin enough to where you cant close down the zones enough to control really light coverage areas.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    Bill Borcicky likes this.
  6. Gilchm

Gilchm New Member

Does anyone know if there's a one-size-fits-all foil for the Speedmaster series or are there specific fountain specs for each model: SM, CS, CD, CX, SX and XL?

7. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

why would Heidelberg consumables point a finger at a Heidelberg press?