ink build up on pan roller on DDS gto 52 printmaster

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by gav1n, Aug 22, 2012.

1. gav1n

gav1n New Member

hi.
    i have been having issues with my DDS on my gto printmaster 2001 model
    since we purchased the press 3 years ago.we have been having problems with this DDS.to begin with we were having trouble shifting a band of ink(half way down the sheet) that was apparent after being on the run for about 10 mins.
    we put it down to the fount,so after a change of founts (3!)we managed to shift it,but that opened the door to alot of ink build up on the pan water roller.ive just had to learn to live with it as its not as much an issue as that band of ink that used to appear,but surely someone has had the same problem or solution?

i also found that when printing solids we were getting a damp roller mark just shy of half way down the sheet.after reading up on the DDS i found that alot of people have had this problem due to the diameter of the damping system.
    we have just bought a kompac 3 unit to try and combat this issue.an engineer is coming out tomorrow to fit it and give a demo.just wondering if any body has this unit and if it done the trick for solid prints.

thanks for taking the time to read my tales of woe lol,and would appreciate any correspondence.

Gavin

2. LLS northwest uk

LLS northwest uk Senior Member

you will find the kompac will be 100 times better than the dds worth every penny in my opinion. when dds first came out heidelberg had that many issues with it that for the first time ever they actually offered the machine with kompac on it which they would have never have done if they where not a major problem. the only down side to kompac is the parts are expensive and not cheap to buy in the first place