Inexpensive royalty-free microstock photograph and graphic sources?

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by vividred, Jan 7, 2012.

1. vividred

vividred Member

I'm looking for additional stock photo or I should say micro-stock photo sources. I'm looking for royalty-free stock photos and graphics at low cost for use in short run brochures, rack cards, post cards, business cards, etc.
    Any recommendations?

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

fotolia can be a nice starting point and their prices are very reasonable. fotolia has gained a lot of popularity the last couple years.

3. glueater

glueater New Member

Wherever you go for stock photos, I'd watch out for their commercial run licenses. A lot of those sites say, images for $0.89, but when you read the fine print, their $0.89 license doesn't let you do much as far as putting images on websites, in products, and stuff. I find that really frustrating.

I go to Productiontrax.com. I think their stock photos are at http://www.productiontrax.com/stock-photos.php or something like that. I like that I don't have to buy credits, and they have a single license for all their photos. But they have mostly business related shots, so the library might not be comprehensive enough. I guess it depends on what you need for your brochures.