Indigo eating blankets

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by John in New York, Jul 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. John in New York

John in New York New Member

First time posting, so feel free to redirect me if this has been asked and answered, but I'm trying to trouble shoot blanket problems on a 3600.

Had one blanket "explode" on press and damage the PIP. Replaced the blanket and the PIP. Press ate another blanket. Replaced the blanket again. Ate it again.

There's a slight chance I'm at fault, but I've changed blankets before and haven't had problems. This is my first year with the Indigo.

2. Raju

Raju Member

Please check the temperature of ITM and the second transfer pressure...

3. indigo2015

indigo2015 Member

Hi John, after how many impressions this happends to you?
    I Think You are not putting it correctly. Maybe you forgot to click impression engage.
    It you need you can wassap me to my number. 00393467255313
    Regards

4. John in New York

Sorry I'm late getting back, but thanks for replies. We had to get tech support and learned that

1). When the press ate the first blanket, it ate it so badly that the impression and ITM cylinders got out of timing badly. Jumped multiple teeth.

2). This caused multiple problems with paper transport, and with the next four blankets we installed.

3). We never did learn exactly why the first blanket failed so catastrophically. Apparently it can just happen.

4). I did infact install one blanket wrong, without impression engaged. Good catch! But the remaining blanket failures did not appear to be related. The timing appeared to have also affected the alignment of the drums so that even with impression engaged they weren't sticking correctly.

Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation.

Thanks for the quick replies.

5. indigo2015

indigo2015 Member

Yes.. 90% of the Times when You have this problem... imp. Drum goes some theeh desincronized. But is very easy to adjust fortunatly ;)

6. John in New York

Good to know. We still have tech support package, so we're lucky to have someone came out to do it for us. But if we end up buying outright I'll be back with questions.