ImagePRESS C6010 or C6010 VP?

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by Roscoe, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Roscoe

Roscoe New Member

We are looking at a proposal for the C6010 and have been impressed by the demo, but would like to know pros and cons. How well does it duplex 100# cover? Are there stock curling issues? Registration? The color click rate would be locked in at .059 for the length of a 60 month lease. We would also consider the C6010VP because of the speed. We have not used Canon in the past, we currently have a Xerox Docucolor 240.

2. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

I haven't much cons to say about this machine. It should duplex 100# Cover with minimal adjustments (if any). It had a built in de-humidifier and sheet curling should never be an issue. We went the C6010 over the VP, speed was not our primary sell point. You probably talk down your click rate a hair, we got a good deal possibly because of our high volumes. I think you could finagle 0.55 a click.

Great machine so far..

3. chad.skelton

chad.skelton New Member

Roscoe,

The imagePRESS color series is a great line of digital presses. I can't think of any reasons not to go with this equipment. It will easily automatically duplex up to 120# cover. Sheet-to-sheet and front-to-back registration is very consistent and accurate. The media catalog is very easy to use, and curl correction can be adjusted for each type of media.

I work for Océ (a Canon Group company) as the Product Manager for the imagePRESS color series. If you would like, I can have a sales representative call you to discuss options. I believe Océ can offer competitive pricing and click rates on the C6010VP and C6010. Just send me a private message with your contact info, and I'll have someone local to you get in touch.

4. Salecha

Salecha Member

Greetings Michael4,
    What is the maximum volume per month we can do & how often servicing of the machine is required.
    What should be black click charges.
    Thanks
    Salecha

5. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

Its designed for heavy production. We run about 50-60k sheets a month. I know the cap is much higher than that.
    Black clicks should be between 2-3 cents USD per click.

As far as servicing goes, the machine doesn't have a duty cycle. i believe you can get upwards of 500k clicks before service is required.
    (someone correct me if they know better)

6. Canonpress

Canonpress New Member

Just consider this, all the customers that had the imagepress C1, 6000/7000 that I (personally) service are VERY unhappy with the performance. ! I believe the comments from the people above are definitely sales biased. The machine will run fine (new) but after a million or so copies the engine will start to fail. Real lengthy problems, sometimes it takes weeks to solve the fault. If you can afford the problems and down time, you'll definitely be impress/ed with the print quality.

OMG , are you serious ! You'll be lucky if you get 10k between service .. Just ask anyone who runs the Imagepress equipment..

AND.. if you doubt my post ,
    I worked for one of the largest Canon dealers in the USA and NOBODY in service ever enjoyed working on these beasts, we always had problems that were unfixable.

7. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

I'm talking about a duty cycle service or a PM service. I get frequent wire replacements. i haven't had the need for any PM service or kits to be installed. I'm at about 140K impressions or 70K clicks worth of 13x19.

I would go through less wire replacements but i need to run some stock at an increased transfer voltage. So I burn through them faster than normal.

I can't say how it will run after a million impressions. I will surely post feedback when i get closer. I know the marking engines and boards were changed on the 6010's. I'm not employed by Canon so i haven't the 'behind the scenes' information you may have.

The print quality is some of the best I have seen on a digital machine. better than Xerox and Konica in my opinion. It has a real tight toner dither and handles a variety of jobs quite well..

8. Jimmyha

Jimmyha Member

Hi Michael4,

Do you have Canon Image Press 6010 or C1 or C1+ used for sales? how much cost you are asking? send me your reasonable offer pls. jimmyha@goldencard.vn

9. Rcreveli

Rcreveli New Member

We went with the 6010 (Non-VP) aout a year ago and couldn't be happier. Your throughput compared to the 240 is going to be night and day. Compared to the Bizhub 6500 that it replaced it is better in every way.

We run about 100k a month of that 90+% is 11x17 or larger.
    I would be looking for a click rate of under $.05 fixed and black not to exceed $.0125 US and NO DOUBLE CLICK. You want the same price for all sizes.

We run mostly 100# Coated cover and it duplexes no problem. We also run 130# coated cover with no problem but that's out of spec (350 GSM)

CBS Gave us really good training, the best I've had from one of these companies. The ability to match PMS and configure custom papers is awesome.

Our Technician is top flight. He'll stop in about once every two weeks just to check up or call if he's in the area. Our MTF is 50K and we've only had 3 or 4 completely down calls in the first year.

I ran a 242 at one of our shops before we got the 6010. I've been doing this for about 15 years so, I have run a lot of different machines. The 6010 is nothing like the 240 except that it has a RIP and uses toner. Paper drawers, throughput, image quality it's a different machine.

Last thing, As I said in another post the image quality on the machine has one us a lot of business. If you have an iGen 3 in your area you can crush them. Our new operator ran an igen 3 before working for us and he can't believe the solids on the 6010. The gradients are way better than the igen as well. I haven't seen a comparison with the igen 4 or the 800/1000 but on image quality I believe you can match or beat them They'll kick your but on throughput but not quality.

10. hemai2005

hemai2005 New Member

If we talking about the machine can working perfectly with high quality, better quality ,easy design , more profit & right brand go to direct to Canon imagePRESS C7010VP OR C6010VP OR MY MACHINE C6010

11. backnine

backnine New Member

Anybody have an idea on cost, don't want to get involved with a sales team if out of my price range. i was told the C6010 runs about 100K, does that sound right? thought they were more like in the 70k range. anybody?
    just new to this site so hopefully i'm doing this right.
    thx-backnine

just entering this production market. could you give me an idea of cost of C6010? we've had Xerox 5000 for about 2.5 years.
    backnine

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013