ImagePRESS C1 Enquiries

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by hum2610, Aug 20, 2007.

1. hum2610

hum2610 New Member

Hi. New to this forum and thought I'd put it to the test. Ok first question

1) I'm about to purchase a C1 in my country and need help on price comparison. Has anyone here purchased a C1 with the AA1 Standard finisher, along with, 1 ream each of Canon Paper A4, F4 & A3 Size, 1 tube of Canon Toner and 1 unit of Pedestal at around USD 33,000. Does this sound about right?

2) Anyone who has purchased the C1, how much does it cost (on those not on per click) to print (ink cost) minus the paper cost for a color copy?

This will be of great help. Thanks!

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Others can answer this question much better than I at this point (I don't have an imagePRESS, yet), but the price sounds on the cheap side. I thought these were still in the 60k range. Is that price you were quoted with the canon p1 print controller not with the Fiery T1 RIP? Even on our imagerunners we went with the Fiery RIPS (and are pleased) -- I've not used one with only the canon controller so I can't comment on what you sacrifice.

As far as operating costs not on a click contract, hopefully others who are currently running an ImagePress C1 now in some volume will jump in to better answer this.

Obviously you'll have some fairly constant costs such as fusers which only depend somewhat on the heaviness of the stock you're running.

Then you have drum cost which depends on the quality you need or want to maintain; if you need consistent solid areas of color you will need to replace a drum more often than if you are printing photographs; if you are printing photographs you will need to replace a drum more often than if you were printing very light coverage.

And then there is toner where you need to get a good idea of the average coverage of the jobs you'll run; then calculate your coverage (20%, 30%) vs. the 5% coverage toner cartridges are typically rated for, and you'll at least have a close number to the actual yield you'll see. (and it's hard to say how toner and drum prices might change a bit in the retail market as these machines mature)

3. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member