IGen4 What is the best calibration paper to use?

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by MikeBr, Jan 7, 2015.

1. MikeBr

MikeBr New Member

Hi All,

First time using this forum.
    I was trying to get a brighter paper to use for calibration. I presently use 80# endurance gloss text. I was told it has a 94 brightness. Xerox recommends 98.

What is everyone using?

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Use what is recommended. Why? If you use a vastly different sheet it will fail CMT as it is programmed to read the patch colours on the Lab colour space of the paper that is recommended. Run Engine Check and System Check on the recommended paper and then run the profiling on the paper that you use. Most of my old customers had Colortech 120gsm gloss in stock just for this purpose

--
    Mark
    Ex Service Engineer

3. peels

peels tree killer :)

I use 80 gloss text, with no troubles yet. But I'm not the most color-picky person either. :) I dont mind adjusting for differences.

4. MikeBr

MikeBr New Member

We have a paper purchasing dept that orders paper. They do not want to use Xerox. Any other brands that can be recommended, again 98 bright 80# gloss text. I just was searching on-line nothing came up that was gloss. Does it have to be gloss?

5. MikeBr

MikeBr New Member

Does calibration paper need to be gloss text?

Does calibration paper need to be gloss text?
    There seems to be much more availability for smooth finish that is 98 or 100 brightness.

6. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

They use 80lb gloss text as a base THAT WORKS WELL WITH MOST STOCKS. If you run lets say 11x17 ivory all day long ..you can calibrate on that stock and create a profile to run from.so basicaly you can calibrate on any stock!!

7. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

You can profile that stock to use that stock but not run a reliable Engine Check and System Check on that stock. I gave the reasons why in the above post

Profiling, Engine and System check are completely different processes
    --
    Mark
    Ex Service Engineer

8. sjd57

sjd57 New Member

calibration media

we keep xerox dce 80#T gloss on hand for that purpose, it works well.