iGen3 fuser roll issues

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Kiran04, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

So even after moving to rough external rolls, I'm still having issues with fuser life. I've checked the contact arc over and over, but given the problem, I don't see how that can be it. The fuser roll builds up in the same spot every single time. It starts as a really thing line that slowly grows. The problem is, this line doesn't match up with the edge of the paper, so it can't be just from normal wear. I don't see anything touching it and I've already replaced the wick and cleaned the metering and donor rollers. Something else must be causing that tiny streak that refuses to stay away. Any ideas?

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Is it a thermistor with buildup?

3. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

No, the build up is about 3 inches outboard of the inner most thermistor, so that's not it. Gotta be something else particular to that spot.

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Duplex Transport idlers and rolls. They get contaminated and transfer crap to the 2nd side of the sheet preventing the toner from fusing properly. Give them a good scrub with Formula A. I've had to replace them in the past

--
    Mark

5. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Not a part I'm familiar with. Where exactly are those?

6. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Areas 5, 6 and 7

--
    Mark

7. peels

peels tree killer :)

I just had to do that myself. scrub them all with alcohol.

8. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

I would use something other than alcohol. That has a tendency to dry them out after a while.

9. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

Cleaned off every single roller in the paper path on areas 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. We'll see if that makes the issue go away. Some of the rollers on the bottom side were pretty well glazed with paper dust, especially underneath the fuser station. Any other advice you guys can offer?

10. Kiran04

Kiran04 Senior Member

So the wear on the fuser roll does seem to be preceding the build up, which means something else is causing it. any ideas? Still more or less that same spot, about 3 inches outboard of the inner most potentiometer.

11. Charles levin

Charles levin Member

I have numerous igen3 parts for sale let me know if you need any and I will send a list of inventory