Igen3 feeders going down - xpe-10-1105

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by ridick13, May 31, 2012.

1. ridick13

ridick13 New Member

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with our igen3 press.

With loaded feeders, igen stops working always stating "Please wait : feeder going down" (not actual message but my translation from Spanish).

Taking a look to logs, i always see same service codes after the errors:
    "XPE-10-1105 : * LE late to fusor output sensor"
    "XPE-10-1123: Unexpected paper in pre-fusor sensor"
    "XPE-08-3230: Integrity error of registry data"

(again messages text are not actual ones but my translation).

Any idea what's happening?

Due to dust problem, we try to always clean sensors in a daily basis, so im not sure if that could be the problem.

Thanks in advance guys!

Bye

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Has your local engineer disabled the Multi feed and missfeed sensors in the trays? You could be getting misfeed/multifeeds from the trays which is only being flagged up further down the line due to this.

What is the stock? Have you tried another stock, another tray. Is area 2 fully latched and not springing back open (green line should be covered by the handle). How old is the iGen3? Check that the feed plates are not worn through and that the air blowers are running (motors may run but belt snapped etc and there will not be the jet engine sound when starting up)

--
    Mark

3. ridick13

ridick13 New Member

Thanks for your response Mark!

Eng. came yesterday and apparently solved the error by cleaning sensor between feeder1 and print engine body.

I say "apparently" because it was working during 10hrs but now we are facing the same problem. All sensors have been checked and are clean.

The error repeating each time: "XPE-10-1105 : * LE late to fusor output sensor"

I guess well call eng. on monday again. I find this machine amazingly error prone

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

what kind of paper is this?

Late to sensor might mean slippage. If it is a high use machine, and slick coated heavy paper....clean as many paper path rollers as you can reach. Use rubbing alcohol.