iGen 3 connection problem

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by volandir, Jul 3, 2017.

1. volandir

volandir New Member

We own an iGen 3 with Free Flow RIP (SUN FIRE V890 Solaris based).
    One day there was no connection between RIP and XPI computers. Local Xerox engineers reinstalled the software on both computers to no avail. Just in case we bought a new SUN FIRE V890 server - second hand of course but in very good condition, hardware is tested and seems to be perfect. Same error... We've tested and replaced all cables, switches, there is a physical connection, ping, etc. but XPI refuses to see the RIP. We can print diagnostic pages from XPI but that's all.
    iGen is under contract but except reinstalling FreeFlow software probably 10 times, local technicians didn't do much else. Also two weeks ago they said that's all they can do.

So I need an engineer (independent?) to tell me do I need to recycle the machine or there is a chance to get it work.

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Where are you located?

3. volandir

volandir New Member

Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe

I think it's implied but I'm looking for a paid professional support.

4. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

I am a service technician that works on Xerox equipment exclusively. The only thing is I live in the states. I might be able to help over Skype to get the machine up. If you would like to Skype of even call me direct, my number is 714-292-6912 or Skype is milo.wilson. Need to know what version of FreeFlow was loaded and what version of PSIP was loaded.
    I can also travel to your location and help directly.
    Feel free to call or Skype to discuss.