iGen 150 tab blade issues

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Keigan, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Keigan

Keigan Certified

Hey,

Has anyone ever had this issue. I've had it since we got this machine a month or so ago.

I have prints that get mixed toner on them. It just looks like someone opened the waste container and sprinkled it on some prints.

The TAB blade is filthy as well as the pretranser and detack. It used to get worse than this, but it still happens.

Tech's have tried an iGen4 TAB but it caused even more issues, replaced the TAB with a new one, and then changed the placement, by lowering it slightly.

We also altered an NVM, but nothing seems to help.

It's expected that the TAB blade is not opening and closing properly and is scraping the test prints off in between the actual prints.

My prints look fine otherwise, besides the dirt. I can clean this up and run more prints but it's going to come back, so curious if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to fix it.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

We haven't got any 150's yet but that looks like the STAB is rubbing on the PRB in the IDZ (Inter Document Zone) where the process patches are laid down. May need the STAB home sensor adj and/or the STAB deck height adj

With the PRB docked and the deck up you should see a gap between the STAB filaments and the PRB

I have also seen this if the registration learn routine has not been run. You would also see the patches printed on the edges of the sheet in this case

--
    Mark

3. Keigan

Keigan Certified

I've had the deck adjusted up and down, neither seemed to help.

Yeah that's what it seemed to be to me and the tech's as well but they hadn't figured out anything, and I'm tired of waiting for a reply from my tech.

Where can I adjust the home sensor? If I even can.

4. Keigan

Keigan Certified

Not sure if we figured it out, but when we got the TAB housing out, the arm that opens and closes the TAB is supposed to be able to be moved with fingertip pressure, however that wasn't the case. So we lubed it up, and eventually it loosened right up, so we'll see if this helps.

When it was tight, the arm would snap open and closed, which would cause the sensor to be all out of wack, and likely didn't have enough to power to always open and close.