iGen 150 ADD CARRIER WARNING

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by bigaland, Mar 20, 2015.

1. bigaland

bigaland Member

Hi

Can any one help me? Have a continuous 'add carrier' on the active status list and it won't go away when new carrier is added. It's caused the press to stop before and a restart allowed us to continue to print. But almost straight away it's asking for carrier again :( any suggestions

Thanks!

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Faulty sensor

--
    Mark
    Ex Xerox Engineer

3. peels

peels tree killer :)

+1. carrier sensor is quite easy to replace. I forced my tech to leave an extra one here just in case, after a new one died a week after replacing, and waiting a day for what turns out to be a 20 minute repair. :/

NOTE: mines been doing this off and on, so soon it will be time again.

4. kiaelise

kiaelise Senior Member

Do you add 1 bottle at a time? I got this until I started to add 2 bottles instead of one. Seems like carrier is consumed at a slightly higher rate than 1 to 1. Or rather, the sensor allows for more use than a bottle's worth. So when I added 1 bottle at a time eventually I saw the carrier was not falling in the tubes with Milo's help. I added two bottles and problem solved, the weight of it pushed itself down and it has never faulted ever again.

5. peels

peels tree killer :)

depends on how much energy I have at the time LOL